GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Gina Tognoni was playing teens when Lulu was born onscreen. She has also been up for Carly before, who is a big sister figure to Lulu. Not going to happen.

IMO Marci Miller is the optimum choice as many have said, but it's rare that a soap acts directly on a fan casting choice. It happens, but not often.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Trina last aired February 21. She has been missing for 12 episodes. She has no spoilers for next week either. The show is being revamped and perhaps her role is being reduced.

Edited by Aragorn

• Members

Me, I think it's on Dan & Chris. I think they didn't know what to do with Trina in the absence of Sprina. So, I don't think it's part of the coming changes. Instead I think it's the last of the problems of balance of the last regime. And, of course, I'm hoping for improvement. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

For my GH/DAYS fans how long did it take you to accept Mansi as Kristina? She’s still my favorite Abby and despite how people feel about her Lexi was the Kristina I watched with Sonny and Alexis so it’s hard for me to watch Kate at times.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members
Posted (edited)

I like Mansi, loved her on DAYS. I’m still having some trouble with her as Kristina, for the same reason. Same with Molly. But I think if they give Mansi some material to work with she will fully win me over eventually. As for Molly…none of the recasts have worked for me.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Lexi never got much to work with in the last decade so I had long resigned myself to her never getting major story. Mansi has done a good job with a pretty poor storyline and now I think there might be an opportunity for even more bigger and better, so I am open to her continuing (though I would be just as open to Lexi back and getting better and bigger material). If it doesn't go anywhere interesting, Kristina can take a break.

Molly and T.J. I also gave up on ages ago, and none of the recasts work. So I'd write them out and possibly bring back Molly (whoever plays her) at some far-off future date, or not.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Immediate acceptance for me. As soon as she began it clicked. Now, probably first good scene was with Sam. My only concern now is that they've created this excellent couple but they are not having them on even once a week. That's the way to lose a great couple, if the show doesn't invest in it. 

I know there are fans who are still so bummed about Lexi getting a raw deal that they are blocked from giving Kate Mansi a chance. I feel for them.  

Also I like FinalMolly so much!! She is an excellent actress & looks the part & seems authentic & works with the rest of the Davis clan. Possibly not as romantically exciting with TJ. 

Someone very credible told me that SG has retired from acting. But I'd thought I would try to look for somewhere it's printed or said in an interview. It's on my list to look some tomorrow. 

https://www.soapcentral.com/all-my-children/news/2018/1121-stephanie_gatschet_thanksgiving_gratitude.php 

Yes, she has retired & is pursuing a career in holistic healing & in wellness. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members
Posted (edited)

Got to Jason’s first appearance. I think because the last time Jason died and I was watching regularly, his return during the Drew storyline hit harder. I didn’t see him die this time and I’ve been enjoying Harris on Days. So Jason suddenly being on the roof with a sniper on Sonny didn’t hit as hard for me. Granted that might change when I see him with the other characters. But tbh Jason was a dead end for me because Burton wouldn’t let the character just embrace the Quartermaines fully it felt like despite even with brain damage, they were still in his life for decades. BMJason/Drew was exactly what I wanted from the character.

Even Jason being there for Dante, did nothing for me.

I didn’t watch GH in the 90’s so white Jagger and Sonny means nothing to me. I do support as many characters as Possible hating Sonny though. I’ve hated him since Faith was killed off.

Also I love Tracy with Brooklyn but they dress like they’re the same age when Tracy is the grandmother.

Edited by Antoyne