GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think both this and what Wagger says can be true. And Wagger is correct: Whether Sonny intended it at the time or not, Stone laundered his image over the years. I do think Sonny loved Stone, as he said. I also think Sonny has dined out on Stone for decades.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Very true about Jagger and his savior complex.

I would also agree multiple people including Luke, Brenda, Robin and Stone all combined to help rehab Sonny.  The entire abusive stepfather angle helped as well.  I think his treatment of Stone did immediately make him less of pariah and all the non criminal PC citizens were admiring his devotion to Stone though.  And I do think the Stone stuff has gotten mentioned quite a bit over the years when someone is defending Sonny.

Edited by carolineg

• Administrator

Those warehouse scenes with Jagger/Sonny/Anna/Ava were fantastic - from the Karen discussion to Jagger turning on Anna by mentioning she wasn't there for Robin.  Wow.  Great stuff.   AH really sold me on the role with his performance today. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Just Dante laying there shot juxtaposed with Olivia talking about him with Sam is already classic GH to me. I am totally invested and concerned about Dante.

Stakes that matter was high on my wishlist for the new HW team. In one episode they made me more invested than I have been in ages, because I believe the danger and the emotional fallout. And I don’t even like Dante with Sam!

Jagger having a point of view, even if I don’t agree with some of it is also welcome. It’s also just nice to see someone tear into Sonny.

Chase really dragged down those scenes on the dock. It’s pretty bad when Joss and Dex are acting circles around you.

Edited by titan1978

• Members
Posted (edited)

I've said it before but looks aside he is like an overgrown manchild. I really hope BLQ doesn't marry him. And yeah, I'm legit worried about Dante/DZ too.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The way Ava said "I believe you were trying to help Karen" to Sonny today made me immediately suspicious of her motives.  A woman and a mother that has experienced Sonny's dark side would never say that.  She's up to something.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Ava is also in the life. She doesn't give a fúck what he has done because she has done terrible things and wants power. But I agree. She is enabling and playing him as she did ten years ago, angling to seduce him again, and she may or may not be involved with whatever operation is gunning for Sonny. It would not shock me if Jason doesn't know she's involved either. She kept herself insulated from Julian and being identified as inside the business for a long time before Connie found out about Derek Wells.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I don't think she actually cares what Sonny did or gives a crap about something that happened decades ago.  The wording and way MW said it gave me a big pause.  I was thinking the opposite and that Jason does know she's involved and will expose it.  

• Members

Maybe. But I think if he knew it was Ava and saw how close she's gotten to Sonny again (and he has clearly been monitoring this situation) he wouldn't wait. And yeah, as I said she doesn't give a fúck. Ava never has.

• Members

No one, except apparently Ava today, has ever thought Sonny was helping Karen especially people that have actually watched it.

Yeah, I don't know.  It's getting interesting.  It would be really difficult for me to wrap my head around Ava working on this the whole time, but perhaps Jason was staying undercover to figure it out and to keep Sonny safe because multiple people are involved?

• Members

I immediately thought that maybe this is part of whatever it is that Ava has going on. Easy to lie to make Sonny think she is 

Please register in order to view this content

behind him, no matter what. I don't know why her plan would need that. But, I don't know that it would not, either. Plain & simple, it is a very easy guess. 

But, on one point I am totally confused. How did Jason get shot? Insight, anyone? 

• Members

I can buy it, especially after what Ryan, Nikolas, Esme and Austin and his hick family put her through. She's always been bad news IMO but I can see that all spurring her to decide now is the time to go all in, kill Austin and work her way back to power after being pushed around for a number of years.

• Members

The only other offering of Jeff Korber's that I have seen was a story (can't recall the title) of homeless vets and their teen children living in the woods on the edge of Portland, Oregon (I'm born, raised and lived there for decades). It was a fairly accurate depiction and JK was a badass. But I have to say I am not much of a fan of him on GH. It's his staggering, halting delivery of his lines that bugs me most. 

Re: Jason...SBu says on many of his podcasts that "the phone keeps ringing" for his roles on all the soaps. I tend to believe him. If someone is even the least bit blackballed in this industry, they can't just pick up the phone themselves to keep working anytime they want. Insert many actors' names here. SBu has been and continues to be very desirable. I say ride it 'til it ends.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Can we move on from 1994? I would've rather seen AH as a Jax recast to work up modern day beef with Sonny than Karen this or Stone that for the whole year. It's obvious Jagger's only claim to fame was saving Karen from Sonny so it's beaten into the ground cause it's his lone purpose for returning after 30 years. Scott has brought this up on and off for 20 years about Karen for those saying it is finally being revisited. Nah. It's been covered and covered by Scott a lot. Sonny isn't still pushing drugs or running a strip club. Give them something new to beef over if this hatred is moving to the forefront. Dex can turn out to be his son or something. 

Edited by Vince79