DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have a hunch that we are gearing up to explore an alcoholism subplot for Sloan, perhaps as a means to rationalize her baby-switching actions. It seems like the series is delving into a multitude of dependency themes. Perhaps it should be renamed “Anonymous Days of our Codependency.”?  With the frequency of episodes featuring Sloan's drunkenness, it's becoming increasingly evident that this will be her storyline.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd rather see Sloan portrayed as someone who abuses alcohol rather than being dependent on substances, primarily because soaps often mix up these two issues.

If Sloan continues drinking excessively, there's a risk of Baby Jude being harmed in an accident, potentially leading to the revelation of the baby switch. Alternatively, Sloan might delve into harder drugs, getting entangled in the drug ring storyline.

I'm hesitant to make sobriety the central theme of Sloan's character arc because I like that she contrasts with Eric, rather than evolving to be more like him. I find the notion of her being impulsive and having poor judgment more appealing and relatable, which adds to her depth and makes her character more enjoyable.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Before anything, I have to say… A Marlena/Maggie scene!!!!!!!

Please register in order to view this content

It was brief but I honestly never thought we’d see one of those again.

As unnecessary as the fire was and always will be, today was absolutely beautiful. One of those episodes that really shows you and tells you what soap opera is. And despite Chad saying that the house was gone, I love that it’s still standing and that Tom and Alice’s chair… and the Christmas ornaments both survived!!!!!!!

Even Leo was good in today’s episode. I was worried he was gonna ruin everything but the scenes of him learning the history of the Hortons and the ending narration with him were really nice. This is the first time I’ve actually liked him in years. Goes to show you what writing can do lol as obsessed as Ron is with him, I think we can add Greg Rikaart to the list of people that he owes an apology to.

Didn’t expect to see Lucas either but I’m glad that he was a part of today. As one of the few remaining Hortons on the canvas, he deserved to be there. Hopefully, we get some more visits as part of this storyline and that 

Please register in order to view this content

And I really enjoyed the flashbacks of young Tom and Alice, starting their family and moving into the house. They got the history of the Christmas ornaments wrong lol but all of those scenes were written and staged really well. The actress that played young Alice really stood out to me. Idk if she watched old episodes of Frances Reid or something but she really did seem to capture the spirit of Alice. 

Just a great episode all around.

And I admit, I teared up when we found out that the Christmas ornaments survived. And when Doug and Julie sang ‘Always’

• Members

Wasn't that remarkable?!! And also special. I think that is my word for today "special". Everything about it from the full cast list to the total of 5 incredibly old flashbacks to the young actors playing vintage Tom & Alice as young people, to the writing for them & the whole day, everything was so "special." I don't think I thought we could have something like this under any circumstances these DAYS. And, I figure this must have been the first big day that was under Janet's leadership & that makes me feel ... at least somewhat hopeful. 

Yes, I agree, totally agree. 

Also agree, unbelievably so, about LEO!!! Who knew?! Such a surprise. How about that? Good writing means go, GregR, go!!! 

And, more, having Lucas present was just so .... sorry but ... SPECIAL! 

Absolutely looking forward to them!

Young Tom & Young Alice worked, like gangbusters! 

What a success! A 10 out of 10. I began to cry early on. But, then, it was so good that I stopped crying & began to laugh. 

• Members

Burton said that he expected to be staying & he found out that he wasn't. So, that is different from just his contract expiring & passively not being renewed. I've posted this before. Other people have too. The specific interview or podcast or whatever where he said it, was posted as well. So, respectfully, I disagree with you & think it means that Janet cut him loose.