Israel, Gaza, and Palestine

• Members
Posted (edited)

The Atlantic recently had an article about conflicts at Stanford. Some on the left are upset that the piece quoted a teaching assistant on his very extreme views about Biden and are doing their best to make him their martyr. Surprise surprise, this man is an extreme social conservative and misogynist. It's telling how many on the dead end left will happily side with people who hate women and lgbt people for the grand cause - likely because many of them not-so-secretly share these views. 

This feels even more timely with the same few "don't vote for Biden, he's worse than Trump" Muslim voices in Michigan again and again (yet another New York Times puff piece today).

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There is video going around from the "free Palestine" protests at the Biden/Obama/Clinton fundraiser - violently shoving and attacking a (presumably) Jewish man who was trying to get through to see his mother, the usual anti-US chants and saying they want to bring Hamas to run the US, and one with a man shouting misogynist ("c") and anti-Semitic ("k") slurs at a woman. In none of these is there any sense of doubt or hesitation, and none of this is about Palestine. Whatever this movement was meant to be is long co-opted. 

I'm seeing some on the left who are angry over Biden trying to get Haley supporters. I would agree it's likely pointless, but when you have such proud bigots who make it clear they will never support Biden and are just fine with Trump, he has little choice. 

Most of them genuinely like Trump, and always have. They just don't want to admit it - yet. 

• Members

I’m unsure if anyone remembers when I posted in the politics thread about the possibility that this war could go beyond its borders. Back then, the concern was mainly Hezbollah as there was a lot of rockets being fired into Lebanon but in the back of my mind, the possibility of this conflict expanding into Iran has been active and overall, the idea that this war could get much much worse.