DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I've talked about it in terms of the narrative style being different & in this case different equals better! I think that includes what you're saying & I've also noted less confusion about what day it is & not being different days or times of day in different character's experience, which affects pacing. Although at times we did still have it being both day & night during the same time period, just across town. 

To me the problem with musicals is not all that singing & dancing, it's that everyone automagically knows all the same songs & choreography!! 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

While not unexpected, Bill Hayes' passing hurts. My heart goes out to his wife, Susan, and the extended Days family as well as his real-life loved ones. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Now, more than ever, I advocate for digitizing and making available to the public all episodes of DAYS that Corday and Sony have archived.  We are losing so many giants from this genre; and with them go the history of soaps themselves.  Charge a subscription fee for that [!@#$%^&*] if you gotta, but if we can go out of our way to preserve all other, fading forms of entertainment, why couldn't we do the same for the soaps?

Edited by Khan

• Members

BOLD was horrible IMO. MIchael Minnis the co HW wrote for the show and needs his ass canned 

YR nothing changed cause the HW for the show was already FI CORE lol 

I don't get why they can't put it on peacock since people already pay for that 

• Members

Peacock can definitely do it. Is it true that they spent $100 million on the football game tonight?

Even if they don't release every single episode, anything is better than just having them waste away in a storage room somewhere. 

• Members

I would think that thousands of episodes of soap would require a lot of servers to support all the episodes. Because finally everything published on a streaming service (or anywhere online for that matter) requires physical servers to save that data somewhere... and thousands of gigabytes of a soap opera would take a lot of their servers, I assume. A space that can be filled with content that more people would watch, I assume...

On top of that there is the digitization cost, I assume.. as well as residuals for all the cast members and writers, probably...