GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I do find Drew pretty pointless as well.  That doesn't mean a recast and character reboot wouldn't help.  

I like Jason slightly more than most on this board, but I don't need him back either.  I just think you definitely don't need both Jason/Drew.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

And that is insane, because Ron Carlivati and his writing needed all the help they could get.

By the way, @Vee, I want to apologize for one of my responses upthread: I don't think you're wrong to want Drew recast again.  I just don't believe another recast/character reset would make any difference in the long run.

Edited by Khan

• Members

LOL it's not a big deal to disagree. I just think it's a ripe character for that age range with good connections that has no real center and can be made into anything we like with a name actor. I get why other people have no interest given the current situation.

• Members

LOL I honestly don't know. When I first dreamed that idea up Cam was doing well early on in his run with the beard and all the action and stuff with Monica, etc. Then it all went to shît.

You can plug any number of down on their luck name actors or returned soap vets into that role though, to fill a Jason-shaped hole in the canvas - without doing what the show ended up doing with CM, which is literally having him be nothing other than Brand X Jason whose whole personality is hosting Good Morning America on the weekends. I'll have to think on it. (Not Trevor St. John - for one thing he seems to be doing reasonably well at Y&R, for another he's already bored and I know what happens when he gets bored and starts trolling audiences nationwide, he plays a good snide schemer but is incapable of playing an earnest heroic character.)

• Members
Posted (edited)

If you think Roger Howarth could wear thin on you you don't want TSJ on this show, lol. Roger at least came back to ABC in the 2010s prepared to act, even if he can be limited or resort to corny OTT schtick. Trevor is also talented and can be very idiosyncratic, but he actively plays against and subverts almost any serious material after too long. It's trololol all the way down.

Edited by Vee

• Members

TSJ probably only crossed my mind because I was thinking of former OLTLers that Frank hasn't used yet and he'd be mildly appropriate for the role.

Someone like Josh Duhamel would be good, IMO.  But I doubt he is that far down on his luck yet.