DAYS: Holiday Gatherings | promo (December 15, 2023)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A bunch of characters who haven’t been seen in 30-40 years? Including one who has never been seen? No. That’s not going to have any sort of emotional impact whatsoever.

The Horton family should be centered around Jennifer (Missy), Jack, and their family. Maybe Hope and Bo and Eli and Lani (recast). 

As a Carrie and Austin fan, I never want to see that scumbag Mike ever again.

• Members

The show has lost SO MANY Hortons the past few years until we're at the point where Sarah is the only one that has the last name. To me, it's a symptom of a larger problem with the show. I stopped watching about a year ago after viewing for many, many years. The ultra-focus on the Dimeras got sooo old. It felt like the show lost it's heart.

• Members

Why do they need the last name? Julie, Doug, Chad, Thomas, Charlotte, Xander, they’re all Hortons.

Personally I’m in favor of the show centering around Marlena’s family since Deidre is the star of the show. No one who has watched in the last 30 years has been watching for the Hortons. Hopefully once the set is gone we’ll see even less of them. 

• Members

He’s literally married to Sarah Horton. Following that logic, Alice, Maggie, Doug, Jack, Chad, Laura, Bo, Belle, etc. are not Hortons either. 

Fine by me. My favourite Hortons (Jennifer and her family) aren’t even on the show anymore. 

Resetting the show to focus on Marlena’s family would be ideal. She’s appeared in more episodes than any of the Hortons. 

• Members

The Hortons aren’t important anymore. Bringing on a character who was mentioned once thirty years ago does nothing. The focus should be shifted to the Evans-Black family. Marlena has appeared in more episodes than any other character and is the star of the show.

Bringing back characters from 30-40 years ago is a waste of time. No one watching has any emotional investment in those characters. The families today’s audience connects with are John/Marlena, Bo/Hope, and Jack/Jennifer.

Days has moved on from the Hortons. You should too.

Edited by EdibleFlowers