DAYS: Holiday Gatherings | promo (December 15, 2023)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Since we're dream-casting Horton family members again, why not hire Kin Shriner to play a returning Mike Horton?  He might seem like an odd choice, but I think he'd put a different spin on Mike, much like when Justin Deas put a different spin on ATWT's Tom Hughes.

IMO, the only Hortons worth bringing back are Mike, Jennifer (full-time, preferably w/ CM back in the role), Hope, Lucas (recast), maybe Bill or Laura if we're going the back-from-the-dead-'cuz-no-one-stays-dead-on-DAYS route, and a reformed Jeremy.  The rest - Marie, Jessica, Melissa, Sandy, Steve Olsen, etc. - just feel like a big "So what?" at this point.

I'd also like to find someone who could play Douglas LeClair, or whatever Rebecca changed his name to.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Let's just say nothing is off the table when it comes to Ron Carlivati. 

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously.  It's no longer a question of if Bill Hayes retires or dies, but when.  I would love to see Doug reunited with his son before we reach that point.  Maybe Dougie has followed in his biological father's footsteps, becoming a musician with a checkered past.  Maybe he has kids, or even grandkids, who can keep the Williamses "alive" on DAYS long after Bill/Doug isn't.

• Members

That very predictably is not going to happen. Yes, we can have Jack & Jennifer again but, again, it will be MA & CM. MR is now & forever more past tense, historical, that is all. 

Because of this impending death, I am so much in favor of them bringing back PR & KA. 

If I were doing a wholesale refurbishing I would definitely bring Stephen Schnetzer on as Steve Olsen. Why? He's there. He's popular. He would fit in. He might even attract some fans. 

Yes, Jack does not count as a rapist. He had to be reformed to be able to pair him with Jennifer. Really reformed. 

• Members

Haha what? Just because you don’t like Missy doesn’t mean she won’t be back. Remember, she reclaimed her role in 2021 and 2022. The only reason that godawful recast returned last year is because Missy didn’t like that Abby was being killed off and said no. She’s a favorite of Ken’s. She’ll be back. 

BTW, I think it’s important to note that JnJ fans don’t like Cady and don’t want her back. The folks who want Cady never liked Jennifer in the first place! Why should they be rewarded?

• Members

We simply disagree. And nothing I said has anything to do with liking or disliking MR. And some JnJ fans do like Cady. And, many people like Cady & certainly have no history of disliking Jennifer! That's just weird. I love Jennifer Rose. I love Cady's version of her. I love Cady. I used to love Missy. The difference is not in me. The difference is in Missy. 

• Members

No, it’s you. You literally said you used to like Missy. She’s still great as Jennifer. The McClain girl is playing a totally different character. We JnJ fans who have been shipping them for 35 years don’t like her. We didn’t like Mark Valley, Steve Wilder, or Stephanie Cameron either. 

• Members

As a JnJ fan I’d rather have them offscreen forever than have a recast in the roles for even one minute. 

What did she say or do?

No he wasn’t

Please register in order to view this content

You’re not a JnJ shipper so you don’t get it.