Y&R November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yesterday on B&B, they did flashbacks of Brooke and Ridge since they characters began, but wouldn't use any pics or footage of Ronn Moss. 
Katherine Kelly Lang said in an advance interview that there'd be old flashbacks of her early years with Ridge but only her part of those scenes and not Ronn's. 

Well .... when it aired yesterday, apparently they did the footage as KKL said; but

And they also used a pic of Patrick and Marty and photoshopped KKL in place of Susan Haskell.

So if they can do that then ...
Amelia Heinle and J.Eddie Peck were paired for a while on AMC and their characters Mia and Jake were engaged. 
It has been assumed that Y&R wouldn't/couldn't pay ABC for the rights to the footage. but what if ....

Edited by janea4old

• Members

ALL THIS.  I saw the B&B episode mentioned, I mean I thought it was effective enough.  You would think Y&R could do something on a similar scale with AH and JEP.

Also as mentioned above, I really wouldn't have a problem with flashbacks with a former actor in the role; e.g. Ronn Moss as Ridge on B&B.  As pointed out, Jensen Ackles as Eric on Days, now played by Greg Vaughan.  And in this case, if they used Heather Tom in flashbacks as Victoria.

What I don't know is, do they need the actor's permission, or have to pay them royalties?

• Members

Watching today’s classic I was just amazed at how full the place Ryan and Nina had dinner at was with extras. 

Nicholas being a child in 1993 but now a 50 year old man is hilarious.

It’s amazing how great the production values were back then.

Has it ever been explained the aversion to using music more like the kind in the 90’s. It doesn’t sound dated, it actually sounds dramatic.

Edited by Antoyne