Y&R November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Thanksgiving family photos look good. Much much better to have a traditional holiday episode rather than that asinine idiotic Gloria and Phyllis fantasy episode the show did two years ago. 

I agree the zero follow-up to Friday’s big cliffhanger was very strange, especially given how much attention it is getting at the moment. Probably the biggest news on Y&R since SW returned last year.

I still think the best route for Chance is to start his own high end PI business. 

• Members

I'm okay with him going to business for now just because there's like one crime a year on this show. Maybe he'll be like Nate and this will be good for him.

But, your idea sounds better. A PI would be good to have around, like, instead of Audra having to Google Claire she can have chance investigate her. Or Phyllis could have gone to chance during the summer when she and Tucker were fighting and he could have found out about that statutory rape cover up.

Edited by lucaslesann23

• Members

Yes, rather than  shoehorning everyone into business stories that seem to consist of mergers, takeovers and job swapping.

Whatever happened to the Newman Media podcasts that were going to shake up the industry?

Chance as a PI would give him more flexibility and logic  to be sitting around cafes and restaurants (as the possibility of him having an office or staff would be nil)

It worked for Paul as he had the office, Lynne, Nathan etc and his job could be utilized where necessary-otherwise he was involved in cases we didn't need to see onscreen.

• Members

I get that PIs are a soap staple, but is that a viable career in 2023, or is it like being a telephone operator?

I mean, can't characters just Google each other for background information, and use web cams to follow each other?

Perhaps he could start a web security business, to stop viruses and online threats?  That seems a bit more modern.

• Members

As I said about the murder on DAYS, soaps have to incorporate technology that has become ubiquitous in modern life.  It is silly that Víctor doesn't have Ring cameras on the ranch.  Adam should use Apple tags, and Kyle should have smart home resources.  It could be cinematic to see web footage of Niki getting in her car before the kidnapping. 

At least they had Clair texting, because the amount of time soap characters spend talking on the phone is remarkable.

Edited by j swift