Y&R November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why Gundaker isn’t the solo EP of this show puzzles me sometimes. 

I actually appreciate the fact Mamie is appearing regularly at the moment even on this story I really hope she just sticks around for good.

Jill hasn’t even seen her grandson yet thought it appears 

Please register in order to view this content

But is there a need for Chance in the corporate world? It be more believable if Chance became out resident high end PI in Genoa City like Paul was before. As @Paul Raven would probably predict all we would end up seeing is Chance hold a Chancellor-Winters board meeting with Jill, Devon, Lily and Nate in Crimson Lights were they praise Chance for being the most successful and innovative newbie CEO ever.

Going back a few posts, Audra is still my favorite Y&R character at the moment. 

VB’s Heather is refreshing to have back but yeah without Paul her connections are pretty limited unless the show wanted to have Heather befriend Adam and/or Chance again.

Couple nitpicks, Daniel told Summer that Sally Spectra redecorated his apartment. I know Sally did NOT pick out that ugly green sofa from 1969 LOL. And while the show always has Nate wearing purple, did his leather blazer needed to have a lavender hume to it too?

• Members

YR feels like a high school class reunion show. Characters talking and catching up and talking about nothing.

Now that CZ is back.....My Christmas wish list would be Scott Bryce as a recast Paul and Melanie Smith as anyone at this point on the show with Gregg Marx as the new attorney in Genoa City.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Finally watched yesterday's episode and Can't believe I Am Saying this, But Could Claire actually be Eve Nicole Newman Howard, Victoria's Child with Cole that supposedly died a few days after birth back in 1998?

Please register in order to view this content

that kinda would Explain her fangirling Victoria the other day! The age is correct too, Hayley is slightly older than Eve would naturally be!

• Members

That's My doubt as well! Maybe she is related to Cole somehow? Can't know much with what has been provided so far! I also wonder if it was baby switch then? Did Cole Knew all along? Man if he did he deserves Jail! Victoria has maternity anxiety ever since that! the fact she miscarried at least 2 other babies doesn't help either!

• Members

Again, JG has a lot of the ingredients in places for a solid show. Family members like Mamie, Heather, and Danny back. Audra as a vixen JG doesn’t seem to be sacrificing as a short-term psycho. Jack finally getting an age-appropriate love interest and settling down. The Newmans getting something drastic to shake them out of their interminable PG-rated episode of Succession. MTS finally getting something to do. Potentially giving Victoria a grown daughter could be what she’s long needed. And CZ certainly can command the screen opposite EB and MTS (in the same way Alex Donnelley did years ago as Diane).

But we have zero evidence from his past work that he’ll make good on this potential.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Victoria has been pregnant 5 times I think.

Eve died in infancy.

Miscarried Brad's child.

Reed was a who's the daddy storyline. Brad was at one point thought to be the father. AH was pregnant IRL when Victoria was pregnant w/ Reed.

Miscarried Billy's child.

Katie was another who's the daddy storyline. Stitch was at one point thought to be the father.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

With all the vodka and alcoholism references, is it possible Claire and Aunt Jordon have something to do with Nikki's past as an alcoholic?  Did Nikki ever kill anyone while driving drunk?  Or hurt anyone in some other way, during her heavy alcohol use?  Perhaps Claire and Aunt Jordan  are connected to Nikki through her addiction.  Who knows??