Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Frances was driven to the studio in a limo on numerous parking lists I have from the early 2000's, so I'm sure she was in first class on a plane! She was very active in the unions, so I'm sure she was also pretty particular in her contracts and made sure to have things like that in them. 

Edited by JAS0N47

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know we’ve been through this before with DAYS, but it seems like we just had a completely unnecessary mass exodus of characters in the last week or so. And today being reminded that Leo and Dimitri are still on canvas and are being presented as a happy couple, I just had to roll my eyes and sigh. Also Clyde unnecessarily being back in the thick of things.

Can Lucas ever get out of prison? No one in Salem serves terms this long. Kate needs her favorite son back in town.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Well, he’s not the first soap writer that’s been obsessed with his own awful character and I’m sure he won’t be the last.

Plus, Greg Rikaart really isn’t in much demand, like Chandler, Zach, etc. are

Please register in order to view this content

You’re not alone

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members
DEIDRE HALL APPEARS IN 12 EPISODES IN A MONTH FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2021...LAUREN KOSLOW APPEARS IN 12 EPISODES IN A MONTH FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2019...

Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Lauren Koslow (Kate) have now appeared in 12 of the first 13 episodes in October 2023, including the last 10 episodes in a row. It is the first time for Hall to appear in that many episodes since 2021, and for Koslow since 2019. There are still 9 episodes to air in October, so how high will their episode rankings be?? It is too time-consuming to check, but this is also the first time probably in a long time that two actors have appeared in 10 episodes straight.

• Members

Leo makes me sick and Peter Porte deserves so much better than what he’s getting. That’s all I got for that [!@#$%^&*]. 

Tate/Holly were the best part of today. The kid playing Tate is actually pretty good and I enjoyed his scenes with Eric Martsolf. What Tate brought up about Brady and his parenting is actually a pretty good dynamic that should be explored. Same can be said for Holly’s dislike of Rachel. But I think today was a Jamey episode, so of course, any good dynamic will never be brought up again. 

And, sorry to say it but I would not mind Holly breaking that little demon’s face

All this stuff with Tate and Holly could have such a ripple effect on so many storylines, including their own, and it really looks like both actors can pull it off. I hope Days plays that for all that it can be. 

And, as much as I don’t like Kristen, I do gotta say that Christopher is a much better name than Tate

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Agreed that I don't enjoy the silliness of Leo.  I actually think that there is a story to be mined from a lonely gay man living in a small town, but that's not where his character goes.

My practical question is where does he keep the myriad of wigs that he seems to have available at a moment's notice?

• Members

LAUREN KOSLOW TIES GREG VAUGHAN FOR MOST APPEARANCES IN A MONTH IN 2023...

Lauren Koslow (Kate), who is continuing her random appearances all month, has now appeared in 13 of the first 14 episodes in October. This already ties her for the 2023 monthly lead with Greg Vaughan (Eric), who appeared in 13 episodes in March 2023. With 8 more episodes to air this month, how many more will Koslow appear in?? No one has appeared in 16 episodes since July 2020.

In the last 4 years, since September 2019, here's a look at who has appeared in at least 14 episodes in a month:

17 episodes...July 2020- Lindsay Arnold (Allie)
16 episodes...September 2019- Linsey Godfrey (Sarah); October 2019- Camila Banus (Gabi)
15 episodes...December 2019- Kristian Alfonso (Hope), Lauren Koslow (Kate), Stephen Nichols (Steve); January 2020- Stacy Haiduk (Kristen); February 2020- Galen Gering (Rafe); April 2020- Mary Beth Evans (Kayla); July 2020- Chandler Massey (Will); December 2020- Lindsay Arnold (Allie); November 2021- Deidre Hall (Marlena); December 2022- Greg Vaughan (Eric).
14 episodes...October 2019- Kristian Alfonso (Hope), Sal Stowers (Lani); November 2019- Kristian Alfonso (Hope); December 2019- Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie); January 2020- Paul Telfer (Xander); March 2020- Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie); April 2020- Stephen Nichols (Steve); July 2020- Victoria Konefal (Ciara); August 2020- Kristian Alfonso (Hope), Robert Scott Wilson (Ben); December 2020- Lucas Adams (Tripp), Tamara Braun (Ava), Stephen Nichols (Steve); May 2021- Stacy Haiduk (Kristen/Susan); October 2021- Deidre Hall (Marlena), Drake Hogestyn (John); December 2021- Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), Alison Sweeney (Sami); January 2022- Marci Miller (Abigail); March 2022- Billy Flynn (Chad); November 2022- Dan Feuerriegel (EJ); December 2022- Arianne Zucker (Nicole).
Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Kate pops up again in today's show.

Leo and Dimitri need to just leave. Why would anyone root for these two losers?

Both are insufferable.

I'm enjoying Tate and Holly.

The Dimera shares nonsense needs to stop. Why focus on it when we never see them working there? No one cares!!

• Members

Kudos to the University Hospital Surgical team!

Dimitri was shot in the back last week, and today there's not a scratch on him, no tubes attached, and he's ready to be transported to jail.

If we've learned one thing this week, it is that short staffing destroys efficiency.  Salem PD hires a middle-aged vet straight from the sanitarium, next thing you know they've lost one of their most wanted criminals.  University Hospital hires a new doctor who conspired to drug the whole town's biscuit supply, a week later she has a drunken one-night stand and quits.  The Brady Pub hires an underage bar back, now the only customers are his grandmother and the owner's wife.

I'm surprised that DAYS is not sponsored by Zip Recruiter.

• Members

The only story I want to see for Leo now is his death

If anything, I’d say the story lies with Dimitri and his relationship with Megan, or with his father, why he was closeted, a former relationship, etc. 

Edited by AbcNbc247