Days of Our Lives: September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

They’ve had tons of chances in the last two years, but nobody seemed to want to invest in them lol we should still be dealing with the fallout Shawn/Belle/EJ

MM even hinted that 

Please register in order to view this content

Idk 

Something tells me we’d still have to endure that horrible story no matter how much time there was from tape date to air date

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This was such a shame.  I know it's been widely speculated that tptb thought Ali Sweeney would be around for that and that's why they dropped it . . . like, that's where the meat of the story would have been (Sami vs. Belle, subbing in for Carrie), but it still felt like a hit.  But they also abruptly dropped the wildly unpredictable and super sexy EJabby affair years earlier sooo...  They obviously don't know what to do with EJ without Sami . . . and this reunion with Nicole is super horrible to me, as I remember how well and truly horrified and disgusted she was of him.

But ya, Shawn & Belle should still be dealing with all that.  And it was wild that Shawn took partial responsibility for what happened because he had sex with Jan who was TRANSFORMED INTO BELLE lolol

• Members

I’m sure they probably hoped that Ali Sweeney would stay, but she had to have told everybody that her return was only temporary.

In the mean time, they should have worked with what they had instead of completely dropping it. I was a fan of EJelle, and seeing them try to make it as a couple, with the specter of Sami still looming over them, coupled with Belles feelings for Shawn and Shawn trying to move with Jada or someone would have been great to see.

Shawn putting Bo in a coma and Victors death could have the catalysts that brought him and Belle back together. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

The show continues to be unintentionally funny, which for me is part of the entertainment value.

When Belle told Brady that Shawn was "drinking again", I was like, he only stopped for a day.  If I'm not mistaken, Belle hasn't even had time to change dresses during Shawn's sobriety.

And then, when DVD praised Marlena for helping him even though he was a stranger, I was like, aren't all of her patients strangers?  I mean other than those she's related to.  He's talking like the expectation would be that Marlena and co. would throw an old man out on the street, but she's so uniquely special that she decided to follow the Hippocratic Oath.

Finally, when Alex told Theresa that he couldn't go to dinner because he was off to Greece to investigate, and Theresa responded that she'll take a rain check, it was like, "yeah, you go off and investigate your great Uncle's will with my baby's daddy, I just wait here 'till you guys get back...

So funny.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The Jan breakup was so good, esp the acting. Kirsten & Jason ate, especially KS, and while I liked the reunion at the last blast, I believe she took him back too quickly. Days just through them back together like nothing. It seems to be a theme with Shelle. Jan, Phil2x, EJ.

It's weird how the tables have turned with Shawn and Belle. Shawn used to take Belle for granted, like a motherfùcker in the OG days. The Jan [!@#$%^&*], the Cassie [!@#$%^&*], I wanted Belle to jaw him in his [!@#$%^&*].  Now Belle takes him for granted cheats on him like it's the most normal thing in the world. I did like the affair wth JKJ Phil it is MM best chemistry

• Members

It is hilarious that the mechanical censor missed something so obvious but pounced on other repeated words! Just yesterday I had a FB mechanical censor offer me the opportunity to edit or delete my post rather than face possible consequences. I had posted that I love Greg Rikaart but want to kill Leo Stark! I wonder if I inserted the words "fictional character" if it would go through. 

• Members

I am just watching today's episode and did they have to actually move more chairs into Marlena/John's penthouse to seat 5 people?  Their house set is so awkward lol.  John and Belle are sitting on dining room chairs and Belle/Brady are practically sitting on top of one another and so are Paul/John.  At some points Drake seemed to be just crouching behind the couch because there was no space available.

Nice to see Paul/Andrew and the Black kids all in one room though.  I will say I actually get second hand embarrassment when John/Marlena et all have to explain their past and lives to new people.   It sounds so silly when said out loud.

I don't even know what to say about Talia/Shawn.  It was unexpected I guess.   You would think someone would try to call his wife, uncle, cousin, etc in the pub his family owns instead of kicking him out lol.

I really like Jen Lilley as Theresa.  It's a shame she'll be gone soon.

Johnny and Chanel are a little much.  It's all a bit fast.

• Members

She's got a great energy, and she plays the humor well.

I assume Theresa doesn't have a job outside the home and lives off Brady's child support payments?  Although Tate goes to boarding school, she doesn't seem to be in a hurry to return to the office. 

Maybe Kimberly is holding down the fort in LA?  Because, it makes sense why Kim wouldn't want to go honor the passing of Victor, given that she was one of his longest suffering victims.

• Members

Where is Theresa even staying while in town?  Where are Andrew and Paul?  They walked in the opposite direction of the Salem Inn today and it didn't seem like they were staying at John/Marlena's.  Theresa was Jen's assistant at the hospital and then did fashion design or something with Basic Black so it's possible she works in that field at home.   I think we are just supposed to think she's a schemer and screw up so maybe she got fired or does just stay at home.