Lynda Hirsch's Column Cancelled After 45 years

• Members

The column I loved to make fun of for having the worst editor in the world is no more

Please register in order to view this content

Ms Hirsch was an institution to me and I read her updates every Saturday.  Whenever I made a mistake misspelling the town where Victoria Lord lived on OLTL or misremembered the names of Nick's kids on Y&R, I would recall that Lynda still called RSW's character on DAYS Zach and used the incorrect pronouns at least once per week.

The good news is that she'll now write daily, and she won't have to depend on her terrible editor.

https://www.creators.com/read/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps/04/23/lynda-hirsch-on-television-summaries-04b47

Edited by j swift

• j swift changed the title to Lynda Hirsch's Column Cancelled After 45 years
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow the end of an era. Who was even still carrying Ms. Hirsch’s column in 2023 though?

The worst for me when it came to bizarre and/or factual errors back in the day Candice Haven’s syndicated column including misreporting on Kale Browne’s firing (she said he decided to quit when all the soap rags said he was fired lol).

• Members

Beverlee McKinsey who played Irish. 

Please register in order to view this content

I have never read this lady's soap column, but I feel like I must now, just to see the mistakes. Fuenella Hughes! Who plays Ms Divine!

Divine GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | John waters, Giphy, Divine

Did she have an editor? In her creators.com blog post, she says that with the daily blog, she "will offer eye roles." So I'm starting to think there was no editor there and these were all her typos. And that's ok because I do fat-finger typos all the time. I'm utterly dependent on spelling algorithms to pick these up.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I just saw this today. I've been looking for Lynda for months. However, she's not on Medium. Does anyone know where she is? 

Her Twitter account has nothing in it except automated tweets, a thing that tweets followers gained & lost. And that even stops April 7th. 

I can't find her by her YouTube account. 

I can't remember when I last talked to her but at that time she had Covid & had had to have her phone replaced & had been having phone & computer trouble & she just vanished. 

An email to her did not bounce. 

I called 2 numbers that are hers & both are out of service. So I googled for an obit. Not one so she's not dead. She moved. Hell's bells, she could be anywhere. Tomorrow I'll reach out to her syndicated column folks. 

Oh, and I figured out last talk & email - late November. 

She's not writing on SubStack. 

I think her last blunder eclipsed the typos. She picked up an old item about Ari Zucker leaving DAYS & thought it was new & published it as news. 

No sign of her on her FB page. There is a post from someone (not her) on June 22nd that she was not ignoring people but was having FB tech issues. 

She has vanished. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
continuing saga