General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

HP effed up big time and yeah she should suffer the consequences, all of them beyond losing her job. Hopefully the person she injured doesn't die.

Does the show even realize how sick it is that a television producer would pump in baby sounds into the earpiece of a woman who had a stillborn child and resulting mental breakdown? That's downright evil. And they treated it so casually.

Curtis' club is quite the happening place for Port Charles' middle-aged white women. Carly and Nina are going schedule their next endless argument on the dancefloor.

• Members

I won't be surprised if we see HP again eventually. Far worse crimes have been excused on daytime; Michael Nader had multiple chances in a much more high-profile part and far worse incidents, and he wasn't the only one. GH has also given many chances to other troubled performers, some of whom are still on the show.

I hope Pullos takes care of herself and if she gets her life together I'd be fine with seeing her again.

• Members

I tend to agree.  If she gets the help she needs and fulfills her legal obligations, I could see her back on the show.  I am not excusing her behavior, but she is young and people make horrible mistakes.  As long as she makes the right changes in her life, I have no problem with her back on the show.  

• Members

Nader was from a different era and had a different level of clout. He was seen as  a get on AMC for his lead role in Dynasty. He was in a popular front-burner romance with Susan Lucci. He was also in an era when ABC could better control the press. 

Haley is a minor recurring character. She fucked up baldly trying to minimise what happened. She was replaceable before this awful accident, and is rightfully replaceable now. 

I hope she gets the help she needs. I hope she shows some signs of remorse for the mess she created. Everyone loves a come back story. Once she’s paid for her crime, I hope she gets that chance at redemption. 

• Members

I think anyone convicted of a DUI should be fired regardless of talent, seniority, disease, or circumstance.  It is a terrible crime and no production, or any company, should stand by an employee who chooses to endanger the lives of others.

She has not been convicted, and she may escape conviction if this is her first offense.  However, if she is convicted she should be fired.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Nader is far from the only example I could cite with major issues. Or the only one who is still currently appearing on General Hospital.

I'm not defending what she did or saying that she shouldn't be gone. She is most likely fired and should be. I'm saying daytime has a long history of taking back prodigals with bad behavior or addiction and HP would be no different. I will not be surprised if the show welcomes her back eventually, particularly if Frank is still there.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oh, is Haley Pullos the one who I sort of thought resembled Jennifer Love Hewitt? Wow. I'm reading this on Microsoft. It says the other car driver has suffered major injuries. Not to get off-topic, but now this reminds me of Anne Heche. Does anyone know if the home owner is alive after Anne drove her vehicle into the home owner's house?