General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She was also essentially treated as a misogynistic fantasy blow-up doll for Guza and Pratt - some of the shít Faith did (humping an old man while he stroked out) or had done to her (getting manhandled and assaulted by Sonny in front of a room full of mobsters) would never make it on-air today and would get GH cancelled in at least one sense of the word. But nonetheless, Preston was excellent.

• Members

So far this year, I enjoyed the show in January, February, and March. April kind of sucked. I hope the rest of May is better now that the cheesy Greenland story is over. 

The three best things about yesterday were Tracy, Ace, and the return of Esme. I really enjoy watching Avery Pohl.

• Members

February was a much better sweeps than May I’ll say that. The denouement of all of the shenanigans on Spoon Island was great, Portia’s (lame) secret finally came out, Sprina’s first kiss…all of it felt better plotted and executed.

Everything’s been on the whole mediocre starting with the lameass Nurse’s Ball. Looking like it was set in the break room of a Walgreens…

• Members

Come on, Dex. You can do so much better than that clingy, trashy whore 

Please register in order to view this content

And yeah, we all knew that Michael was gonna wimp out in the end, but after seeing him in these last few episodes, it's pretty clear what the problem is with Michael: he's still a child. An immature child in an adult's body who has no idea how the world works. Easily duped and easily swayed by anyone or anything

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

She was a formidable force, and I think a better mob antagonist than Alcazar. Where Alvazar was a villain, Faith was flawed. Faith had a rooting value. Gosh, she even made Justus come alive in their short pairing. 

On the current canvas, I do appreciate that the mob is downplayed, but none of the other monsters seem formidable. It looks like Sonny has won the war with the five families and is reigning unopposed. 

Nina and Ava’s scenes were so boring today. I love Ava, but I do not see a need for her any longer. 

I like the storyline potential here. Dex is going to find himself under the weight of many lies. His deception of Sonny. Michael’s pressure to leave town. Desperate times lead to desperate measures. I think the portrayer can handle the material too, of a desperate man who will now have to do desperate things to survive. 

I hope Dex gets a new co-schemer. Who wants to take Michael down? I feel like the Q’s all like him now. Who else is angling to take Michael down a knotch?

• Members

Didn't Justus actually try to smother or strangle her?  Men were always manhandling and injuring her.  

I think Faith was treated as more cartoon-y and a joke while Alcazar was taken more seriously as a true rival.   I always thought Jason/Sonny just considered Faith a crazy b*tch not a worthy adversary.  But that probably comes down to the fact that she's a lady.  Honestly, I always thought Faith was more the outright villian because her plans were generally so evil and Alcazar (Lorenzo) was the more sympathetic one.  I think if they toned Faith down a little or slowed the progression of her evil plans down a bit, Faith would have been on the show for longer.   She was basically written into a corner once she kidnapped all Sonny's kids and faked Michael's death.

• Members

Unfortunately, I don't think Charles Pratt, Jr., who was likely handling Faith's storyline, is capable of slowing anything down in his work.  He always burns through too much story on every show he's worked on.

• Members

Probably not.  In real time it didn't feel like she had that many schemes and plans, but when you read through her character bio you realize she really just kept plugging away just going from one horrible deed to the next.  She did like 10 years of villainy in 2 years lol.  And, yes, it screams of Pratt.

• Members

More than that, they never slowed down and built that character or gave her layers.  She just blew in, had crazy, lip-biting sex with Ned, and then started shooting people.  As I've said before, I liked Faith's unpredictability, but gurl, why you rushin', lol?