General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Even at the time there were some who felt it was difficult to care about BJ herself. I remember MImi Torchin saying she was devastated when Laura died on AMC because she had seen so much of her growing up, which wasn't the case with BJ, but the performances surrounding BJ's death were what got her emotional.

You don't have that on soaps now because soaps don't care about showing the grieving or have the ability for raw feelings along those lines. GH showed that with Jake's death, which was mostly an excuse for a JJ Emmy reel and to try to write Liz out of the show. 

(what does Jake even do now...)

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Very little, but he's played by a very talented young actor who was outacting half the cast even when he was first hired. He should be put on a contract but he's already getting a lot of outside work, I think.

• Members

I would say Ron won't forgive him for this tweet, but I can't remember if his stint at DAYS is long wrapped up. If we start hearing about how fat Bo is, at least now we know why.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

This f****n show, man.

The choices that they make. 

All this Ned hate, the Joss propping

Please register in order to view this content

I never thought Ron Carlivati would be dethroned as the King of propping  

Peter Reckell ships Sprina? I love it

Or if Bo remains in a coma for a lot longer than anyone thought, we know why

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Olivia crap talking Edward. She knew him for 5 minutes. She wasnt even in the Q orbit then. She was with Johnny, Sonny and Steve

Lois needs to return and kick her ass

Also arrest Drew for that assault on Ned

• Members

Oh wow it was improvised. What a genius move on her part, and the fact that he was able to catch her and just went with it? Ugh these kids have got it.

BLQ and Olivia can go to hell. They were so ready to demonize Ned. This storyline is making me hate everyone except Ned and I find him USELESS.

Tracy was the saving grace of the Quartermaine scenes today. Look, someone who has a personality and isn’t just spouting forced dialogue! Loved her not remembering Joss and insulting Sonny and Dex. Brook Lynn’s “Uncle Sonny is the best!” made me want to kms.

• Members

Lois would have done plenty of sh!t talking of Edward. He was a lovable rascal, but the guy did many dastardly deeds.  And often pitted his family against each other. Trying to protect the family in not so open ways was the exact reason Lois left Ned!

What this needed to get the reactions we are seeing was if Ned had been secretly dealing with the Valentine mess and they kept walking in on meetings and overhearing him, thinking he was up to some stuff he absolutely would have done in the past.  At least give us a reason for a misunderstanding.  Build to it! 

• Members

Yeah it's been real whiplash seeing the entire town turn against Ned. The writing has gotten real heavyhanded so everyone will be "shocked" that it was Nina.

"The person who called the SEC on Carly and Drew must be a horrible, evil, terrible person" as if you aren't all terrible people who have done much more horrific things.

• Members

That jump being improvised is some old school, classic super-couple stuff that I haven’t seen a soap truly pull off in ages. The fact that they are bringing that extra feeling to the characters hasn’t happened in a long time as far as I can remember.

• Members

Calling the SEC is peanuts for characters on this show and just shows how much the last 7-8 years has neutered storytelling stakes on this show, first with Passanante/Altman in the twilight of their careers and now these guys who are clearly just writing what Frank okays.

• Members

That’s the problem with nothing but horrible people as the point of view characters.  What hasn’t Carly done?  And for that matter, what hasn’t Ned done?  Ned used to be a rat bastard under a charming personality. Not as ruthless as Tracy, but he could hold his own. It’s like everyone all of a sudden remembers what Ned used to be like 20 plus years ago. And Drew is possibly walking around waiting for his Manchurian Candidate moment if they want to go back to his brainwashing storyline.  And Nina is awful too! These people can all go to jail!

It reminds me of himbo Austin coming back on DAYS during MarDar and being a forensic accountant.  The most boring criminal investigation and business story of all time.  Until this one.

Edited by titan1978