HBO Max is becoming "MAX"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Such a stupid name. How can they expect to copyright anything with such a generic name? The most they can do is say no other TV network/streaming service can have the name. Otherwise, how do I write articles with that name in the headline?

• Max's "Harry Potter" Series Greenlit
  • Max Orders Two Additional Seasons of "Blair Cramer"
  • "Batman" Films Head to Max

Such trash.

• Members

Yeah, I can't wrap my head around it and I get confused as they have apps for HBOMax, Cinemax, and HBO. I recently had HBOMax for a month and even for $15.99, it's not even worth it. It's easier for me to download if there are HBO shows that I like (e.g., House of the DragonThe Last of Us) in 3840x2160p video resolution. 

I do wish HBO luck as it has been around for a very long time, but it clearly lacks vision in my opinion.

Edited by Noel

• Members

I agree. The name-change is cringe, but so long as I get the same HBO Max content, then I'm happy. They honestly would have just done "Warner Max" and it would've served better than just "Max". This would be like if HBO Go changed to just "Go". It wouldn't work. Plus, switching out the black-purple scheme for that... generic-looking blue that so many companies use... a choice.

Edited by Liberty City