• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

He really did rely on every. single. co-star. to carry his inept behind through scenes. How can you work with the likes of Genie Francis & Maura West, and just... allow them to CARRY you through scenes. I remember a Francis interview where she said he "tries".

• Members

Isn’t this the truth! Minshew was the bright light in the first half of 2003 with the awful writing by Rayfield/ Cascio, the departures of front burner favourites like Kelly Ripa and Josh Duhamel, and Frons’ directive to use vets like David Canary less. No matter AMC got in the later years (Esenstein Brown, Pratt) I think back to these dark months and knew it could be worst. 

No one thought Mathison (in his first run) would bounce back from Ryan’s Gillian pairing as quickly. I’m sure everyone wished Aiden Turner stayed in Minshew’s orbit v. that forced and I’ll fated romance with Eva LaRue’s Maria.

…and do you remember when they introduced a slew of “hunks” with no backstory or character, it was Minshew who has to carry those introductions and create any interest in these interchangeable characters: Michael Cambias, Boyd, Carlos, Juan Pablo. Judy Wilson never missed the mark more than these back-to-back casting duds (deVry excluded). 

I would also like to add Teresa Blake (ex-Gloria) to this list. She played leading lady to every major male lead on AMC in the 1990’s: Grant Aleksander, Michael Knight, Michael Nader, and David Canary… twice! Gloria had unique relationships and chemistry with Adam and Stuart. She never had a dud pairing, despite being the follow-up to some beloved and iconic pairings. 

I wish Gloria stuck around after her breakup with Dimitiri. I would have loved to see how Gloria and Dixie’s relationship would evolved when Cady returned in 1998, especially since they played up that Gloria was one the few folks Dixie kept in touch with. Was it Marsh’s decision to leave?

• Members

I'm not sure I would classify Gloria and Dimitri as a hit. I know Teresa Blake had her fans (@DRW50 being one of them) and I didn't dislike Gloria, but I don't think Alec, Adam, etc. really worked with her. I kind of liked her and Tad back in the day but I was under the impression I was among the few.

• Members

I've assumed so, as I don't believe she did any acting post-AMC, and I think it was spun as her wanting to leave, but I'm not completely sure. I doubt McTavish would have written her out, as she created the character and gave her a lovely exit. 

I thought she and Dimitri worked much better than they should have (not a big fan of the Tad pairing - or Tad in general...), but probably not a hit with viewers. I think the Adam and Alec pairings worked in terms of high drama, but not romance. It was very plot-driven material, as so much of AMC was in that period (like Janet sleeping with Palmer).

• Members

Teresa left right before the internet, and the Soap Communities, really became a thing. It's like she disappeared into the ether. I don't subscribe to SOD anymore, but I did for decades and I cannot remember her ever being included in a "wear are they now feature."

It was not like she was a short-term character. She was on the show for 7 continuous years! Heck, Eva LaRue was only on for four years in her original run, and she had a "where are they now" mention almost every other month.

I would love to know what she has gotten into since leaving TV.