B&B: Lesli Kay Makes a Sacrifice...

• Members

and shaves her head for her storyline as Felicia.

This was a tidbit from the Soap Opera Digest Insider, which basically previews what's in the magazine for subscribers via email...

As is the story — and photo! — of Lesli Kay's big sacrifice for her B&B role. Rather than wear a bald cap to portray cancer patient Felicia, Kay agreed to shave her head. Her commitment to the role has a real-life, as well as artistic component, which she shares with Digest on page 6.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 30 2006, 02:46 PM)

She's already got that Emmy nod, maybe this will help her get the win! Hasn't Kay won an Emmy already? I never liked her on ATWT, but I'm loving her on B&B and I lobsterloved her on GH! So nice to see her talents recongnized.

WORD!

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 30 2006, 02:46 PM)

She's already got that Emmy nod, maybe this will help her get the win! Hasn't Kay won an Emmy already? I never liked her on ATWT, but I'm loving her on B&B and I lobsterloved her on GH! So nice to see her talents recongnized.

She won Supporting Actress for ATWT in 2001. I was beaming back then.

This makes me respect Lesli Kay even more. I can't remember any soap actor actually shaving their heads for a storyline.

• Members

I'm not surprised. LK stepped into the Felicia role knowing it was short-term and as soon as she hit the screen, it was magic. She fought hard to keep Felicia alive (and it's clear they changed the story), so I could see her going all out. I loved her on ATWT. (Her loss has been so clear -- so underappreciated by a segment of the fan base starting with HT's return last May.

Archived