Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

You aren't wrong.  I think it's just in my perception of things.  I know the K mansion is big because we saw it in the 90's as being big.  If Marlena/John still lived in her penthouse and it was a different set my mind would know it was quite large even if it didn't look that way.   I believe they do mirror John/Marlena's house with Patch/Kayla's.  They just have a kitchen, but it's the same bones of a set.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just finished 2/10

How clumsy was the writing to have Xander confess to Johnny in the middle of the town square during an argument?  Their entire fight was filled with nonsense dialogue that required Johnny to name all of his relatives.  (1) "My grandmother Susan was a good woman" (2) "My former step-father the police chief" (3, the most egregious) "and you kidnapped Bonnie, your cousin's wife, in case you forgot" 

While Chanel and Allie are nursing their broken hearts is baby Henry running the bakery this morning?

If time does move differently in Salem, (because Kate died the first week in January and now it's Valentine's Day), does this mean that Sarah and Rex have been f&^%ing for two weeks straight?  No wonder she's so tired.

I know we've debated if these episodes were filmed and/or written for Peacock, but I can't help noticing that there's more casual sex and bare skin that at this time last year.

• Members

Yeah, it's considered a rule for writing soaps, also things to catch up things that have happened. I think they are not as bad now as they were in the good ole days.

But, anyway, I just posted in RIP:IM thread about a DOOL death. One of the actors who played Nikki Alamain, very young, just 34! Yikes. 

• Members

Balance, pacing, use of personnel, these are things DOOL does not do. And, we're left with the mess, which they do, do. 

I am so mad that we only see Salem's Angels every 8 days that I could spit, which is just not ladylike. Every third day we should be in that great white space in the sky. Are they nuts?!! This is their big draw right now! And with soaps these days it *is* now or never. We could all get disgusted & just quit. Then where would they be?!!

Back in the day we moaned & groaned because we only got to see Abe & Lexie on Tuesdays & Thursdays! Gee, twice a week. We had it good & we didn't even know it!!

• Members

I'm finding it hard to get through the last few weeks of episodes. I know it's more than lack of Kristen but the show is limp without her, IMO.

Plot points have been contradictory and the pacing, holy hell. It's like there are two different writing teams with opposing creative objectives. The way quality varies from episode to episode is wild.

I love the DiMera mansion re-design (reminds me of the house in Beetlejuice) but I wish they'd do the same with the Kiriakis mansion. I've hated it since the original burnt down in 2001. (They could've at least saved the patent leather couch.) I also miss J&M's penthouse and that gorgeous winding staircase.

Even that was a flop the last time they were on. It was an episode of spinning wheels.

I also don't understand why Nick and Jordan, of all prolific characters from the past, are the ones guiding Kate, Kayla and Marlena in the afterlife. I'm ready to move it along.

Edited by KLN

• Members

Agreed.

I need them to explain the layout of J&M's townhouse because it makes no sense they have so many people living there with that dinky ass living room and one hallway that apparently extends to eternity. I want to understand the physics of it.

Edited by KLN

• Members

The layout of J&M's house seriously confounds me as well.  At least have a doorway where the kitchen would be.  It's like the living room just leads to a hallway of endless bedrooms.  Do they have a den?  Kitchen? Bathrooms?  Is that tiny living room the only common space in the house?  I appreciate the fact Days kept the Horton house, but I really wish they kept the Penthouse set.  I didn't even get to say goodbye to it.  One day John's in a coma and Marlena just explains she sold the Penthouse!!! off screen while he was ill which is kind of a major change to make without talking to your partner lol.