GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, it is WAY effing wild! I'm sure it is part of the reason that Genie would speak up & say that she's sick of talking about it. 

But you make a good point that they do keep these twisty-turny plot events sorted out. I do not know how sometimes but ya gotta love em for it. 

Loved all of this about the wedding! The Costume Designer said he took a chance with the dress for Brooke & boy was it ever a success! He said the dress is a bias cut slip dress designed to show off curves. That it did! 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Nikolas reveal and its timeline were meticulously plotted out. The scenes where Laura tells Luke all about exactly where, how and when she learned her mother was 'dead' in the '80s and that it had been attributed to the Cassadines to silence her re: her other son were intricately done.

Edited by Vee

• Members

They may have mentioned that more recently, I wouldn't know. My best recollection of Taggert's (offscreen) exit in the 2000s was Scott or someone saying he'd been reassigned to Alaska or something after being the squeaky wheel against Sonny and Jason (and maybe sticking it to Scott's corruption) once too often.

• Members

One way to avoid these dense offscreen backstories for every new charachter is to stop trying to tie them to the existing canvas. 

Sometimes making them related to someone works. Best example: Carly. However her backstory was relatively simple: Bobbie is my mother who gave me up for adoption, I'm hiding my identity by using my best friend's name. Everything else that made today's charachter played out onscreen.

I don't mind tying Trina to Taggert especially because GH lacks a black family let alone any family of color. In other cases like Franco, it becomes confusing.

I know this is a soap but GH has had way too many paternity/maternity reveals and switches going on in the Frank era. We have Esme and Willow's parental histories playing out simultaneously. Sometimes the confusion further compounds when writers RETCON what happened offscreen.

Edited by ironlion