Y&R promo -Ring in the New Year, Genoa City style

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Preview clip for Tuesday Dec. 27 US (Mon Dec. 26 CDN):

^ This clip is the beginning of a TV insider interview with Michael Damian from this link.

_________

After the three of them start talking, they take a selfie and post it on instagram.
Cricket sees it ....

Tues Dec 27 US (Mon Dec. 26 CDN)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Chelsea calls Billy up and convinces him to help her shop for parts to create an "egg-drop device" for Johnny.

I never heard of that, so I looked it up.
That's usually a
 science project thing or classroom competition. 
Info here:
https://sciencing.com/egg-drop-device-ideas-8493310.html
and here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_drop_competition

But Chelsea explains it to Billy in a very different way. She says it's a hand-crafted device designed to protect an egg in case it falls, so it lives another day, and doesn't become raw yolk and cracked shell on the sidewalk.
(From his tone of voice, Billy seems to see this as a mental health metaphor.)

That Billy/Chelsea scene is creepy, in my opinion.  But I find all their scenes to be creepy.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The Diane story, review of recent events:

Jack/Kyle/Summer had arranged to relocate Diane to a safe place - but didn't the triad (Ashley/Phyllis/Nikki).   They let the triad believe that Diane voluntarily had skipped down out of fear of Jeremy Stark, and that she had fled to some unknown location.

Jack/Kyle Summer had secretly arranged for Diane to hide out at the Abbott cabin. They didn't tell anyone, not even Traci, where she was hiding. Nor did they let on that they knew where she was.  Summer/Kyle sneaked out with Harrison and visited her there for Christmas -- but they were stealthy and drove in the middle of the night so that Harrison wouldn't wake up and see the route they drove.

Spoiler for week of December 26th:

Something changes. Diane returns to Genoa City, I don't know why.

Diane returns and meets Jeremy Stark at Society. Diane flirts and pretends to Jeremy that she is considering the possibility of getting back together with him.

Unbeknownst to Diane, Jack knows where Diane went and he hides and eavesdrops on their conversation.

As he eavesdrops, Jack becomes impressed with how Diane is handling/manipulating Jeremy. Jack thinks Diane is giving a rather amazing performance. Quoting a tiny snippet from Peter Pergman: PB says that Diane has "a level of focus and courage and guts that Jack is at once alarmed by and taken by. She's very good at this. He really admires her bravado and is almost frightened by it at the same time, but he finds it very impressive."

Later, back at the Abbott mansion, Jack and Diane talk strategy about Jeremy.  Jack kisses Diane – he is the instigator.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old