B&B December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As stupid as it is, this is the most I've liked Bill in years. He makes much more sense as a villain. I already saw sparks of chemistry between DD and KB. What didn't make sense to me was Bill taking Li home and nursing her to health. I would expect him to be the type to care more about his car's upholstery than her life.

• Members

The Li thing was a bizarre plot gimmick. In theory the writers were like wouldn't this be a great twist and way to bring the far underutilized DD on canvas. It was obvious from the first scenes that this simply didn't work on any level, which is why it was abandoned. B&B is skilled at pivoting quickly.

$B being sanitized was a big mistake. B&B needs instigators like $B, Sheila, Quinn, Deacon, even Thomas, etc. to move stories forward. The rest of the characters are all *good* and that's not compelling to watch. Steffy has been declawed, which is a mistake.

I'm wondering how Finn will react when he finds out what $B was talking about when he kept mentioning Steffy in the same breath as Brooke and Katie. I'm assuming he's unaware.

• Members

After learning about Taylor and, eventually, Bill and Steffy, I'm inclined to believe Finn will give Sheila a second chance.

Partly because Finn is a good guy and he's is *new* to the Forrester, Logan, Spencer sins.  Most importantly, he needs to because the show is the better with KB around.

• Members

I've loathed Sheila for decades and I *NEVER* want her around either show. Don't want her on B&B, don't want her on Y&R.  She's evil and sociopathic and has zero redeeming qualities and needs to be gone.  I think her presence makes everything suck.
Just my (extremely strong) opinion.

In general on any soap, I don't think villain characters should be part of the everyday fabric of the fictional city where the soap is set.   They should be treated as the pariahs they are.  They should make rare appearances, do their crimes and then leave for years before any return. 

• Members

Wow, I just checked and you're right.  That's odd because they've always had prior seasons of B&B up, and had them just a few days ago.  The change must have happened effective January 1st.

That was the difference with Y&R and B&B.   "CBS All Access" and its successor "Paramount Plus" always had prior seasons of B&B but only the current season of Y&R.

I don't tweet, but maybe someone can send a tweet to Casey Kasprzyk to ask what happened?

@Errol

• Members

I understand the need for a villain but there’s just no redeeming qualities and the redemption will just be a small contrived plot point - ie gave somebody CPR, gave em the Heimlich, kept them from falling off a cliff, or shoved them off the cliff then saved them etc.

The problem with Sheila is that at this point the dialogue can’t help but be repetitive.

”we have some bad news, Sheila escaped!” (Wow really? Never woulda thought - pass the biscuits please, thanks)

“You’re not going to believe this but SHEILA CARTER IS ALIVE!”  (Oh wow awesome sauce, what’s for dinner)

There’s no interest for me when you see a clip from 30 years ago and it’s the same.

”You will NEVER, EVER! EVER! NEVER keep ME FROM MY (insert whatever), (insert threat) 

Yawn. 

• Toups unpinned this topic
  • Members

12-29

Hunni, what is THIS?

I live for the Sheila smirk as much as the next Sheila fan, but I found that plot twist jarring as frell. And that's even knowing that the potential was there from the moment Bill put back on that darn necklace. I figured he would do something in the Carter/Katie arena. This is a whoooooole other thing. And I'm just la sigh.

I definitely did not feel that Sheila was not going down without a fight. And the writers were going to need to figure out something to keep her around since they totally wrote her into a corner. However...if this was the way to go, a little more build-up to the build-up (Bill reclaiming his necklace, Sheila/Bill alliance). And they STILL could have been up to that climax at the house (nice back, Finn btw). I do look forward to Taylor finding out...since it will give her a storyline outside the Ridge/Brooke bubble.

Speaking of Taylor, so weird seeing her and Brooke getting along. For now. But is it over now that she knows Brooke saw Ridge during X-mas?

Wyatt sighting! I thought the Liam/Wyatt ribbing was a little much, but given what was going on in the episode, some comedy was needed for the darkness. It was nicely done.

Speaking of nicely done, I LOVE the episode where Thomas was kicked out of Forrester. The music. The camera angles and the feel of him being on trial. The actors rose to the occaison and it was good.