B&B December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

The devotion of Taylor's kids is what has always puzzled me on B&B.

I get that parents who die when their kids are young are often exalted by their family.  But, Taylor has slipped in and out of her kids lives, while Brooke has remained as a stable step-parent.  So, Steffy and Thomas's rancor toward Brooke always seems a bit misguided. 

I could excuse Thomas, because he has always struggled with mental health issues.  And, I assume the loss of Phoebe was traumatic for Steffy, which is her motivation in striving for a stable connection.

But, Taylor has never been written as having her children be her first priority.  When she returned after being kidnapped by Prince Omar, her first response was to check on Ridge, not her kids.  She's never sought a legal settlement to ensure that her kids are given the same rights to FC as Brooke's kids, after Brooke got 52% of the company.  She's missed more than one of her kid's weddings.  And let's not talk about the way she dropped her IVF-conceived kid Jack like yesterday's lunch.

So, why Steffy and Thomas continue to jeopardize their romances and careers for Taylor remains a mystery to me.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wait. I fell out of watching B&B in the later 00's. What's the story there and where's the kid? 

I've totally taken to Krista Allen as Taylor. although I can see the blue collar portrayal vs. sophisticated psychiatrist from Hunter Tylo distinction. However, the last time we saw her as Taylor, she had become a mentally imbalance gun-wielding blubbering mess, nearly shooting Dollar Bill for boinking Steffie. That little blip in Taylor's storyline has conveniently been forgotten (along with the kid apparently). 

• Members

So - this will seem like a cop out.  But thanks for the detailed reminder.  I remember thinking of all of this, and why Steffy and Thomas would almost - why would they even CARE about their mother when it comes to some stuff?  And this was a reminder of all of that.  I've never been a Taylor fan - well, because I watched at the beginning.  But along the way I remember some pretty awful stuff (that I'd forgotten).  So thanks.

This is not to say at all that Brooke is without fault.  Where is RJ again?  I'm sure when he returns he'll be a Doctor or some important Fashion businessperson - has been running the office in Milan for 2 years or something crazy.  But these people have kids and lose them all the time.

• Members

LOL the scenes of Lt Baker, Finn, and Steffy in the Forrester boardroom listening in to Sheila’s car chase were hilariously campy as hell. 

I actually was expecting some type of fakeout I.e. cops accidentally pull over Pam & Charlie lol by mistake but apparently Sheila can beat LAPD on the I-405

Please register in order to view this content