B&B October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

^ this!

Quoting the Decider summary of the SOD interview ...
Sofer said her contract expired in May, claiming she didn’t hear from anyone until just before her last week of shooting ahead of the July hiatus. According to the actress, they said they didn’t know what was going on with her character, but asked that she stay on a “recurring basis” until they figure it out.

“I just felt like if my decision wasn’t set at that point, that kind of made it clear, that they just didn’t know what to do with Quinn, and I felt like I deserved more than just sitting around until they figured it out,” she told the outlet. “Especially at the end of the whole ‘Quarter’ story; there was still so much to do, you know. I still wasn’t divorced from Eric [John McCook], and Donna [Jennifer Gareis] was still in the mix of that, and so I just felt like it was time to go.”

Edited by janea4old

• Members

They were absolutely teased before, several months ago for about one and a half episodes and that was it. If it weren’t for this reprise, I would’ve categorized it with Thomas’ crush on Paris which lasted for a handful of episodes. These things don’t make it to the history books. Makes me wonder about the cancelled classic soaps and how many forgotten little story points there have been.

• Members

I watched the last three episodes for Katie and Carter and I was impressed. It's a shame they took so many years to start writing for Carter and he's had chemistry with Katie for YEARS. If he was white, you can't tell me this wouldn't have happened sooner. I just worry because we know Heather Tom doesn't really act much, so I don't know how much they'll commit to it. Maybe that's why they're doing it. It can give Carter a C story with limited screentime and they can just blame that on Tom's availability. 

• Members

I could get on board with Carter & Katie.  Carter brings out the fun side of Katie, I thought their flirtation was cute.  I thought they had chemistry before, I still do.  Then again I think LSV could drum up chemistry with a doorknob, he is just a charismatic actor.  Good point above if Heather Tom's availability is limited though...

BTW I thought HTom looked amazing in that black dress...Got leg?! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah not feeling it, Katie's too bland and boring to be with a guy like Carter, he needs a woman with fire like Quinn

They chem tested them last year and it was clearly a bust cause it went nowhere lol

So fake Dollar Bill sees Brooke as an object and is clearly threatened by Deacon or he wouldn't be marking his territory lol, he's so intolerable 

• Members

Katie's bland and boring, but Carter's no better, honestly.

If he needs a fire, it's because he's SOOOOO laid back and mellow and smooth ALL THE TIME. Yeah, LSV is gorgeous and sexy as hell, and I've seen some decent acting from him, but as written, Carter is boring and ridiculous.

He gets over women he's "in love with" in a flash -- even as he talks about how much they meant to him. Then it's one kiss, and the guy is head-over-heels AGAIN. This insta-romance with Katie would be hilarious if it weren't so dumb.

I want Carter to be a real person, not whatever this is that we're getting. As written, he's a joke. And Katie? I have NO expectation that we'll see her enough to make this "relationship" matter.