DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Those pairings became extremely demeaning for Kate.  Shockingly, Kate/Rafe was a really fun interlude following her longer pairing with Stefano (I always thought this was terrible considering they established that he took advantage of her). But Ian, Clyde, Deimos, Andre, Jack, Jake… who else am I forgetting??  Lol.  That was a horrible stretch for her.

I think Roman & Kate would be more effective if they were written as a contrasting counterpoint to John & Marlena, like they used to be.  But I love them, but like I said up thread, I think of them more as an endgame for when the show finally concludes.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Cast: Eric, Jada, Nicole, Chloe, Brady, John, Kristen, Gabi, Rafe, Rolf, Li

Friday, October 21, 2022

We begin the day with Eric packing up for a photo shoot. Jada comes by. Eric gets an email from Nicole where she fires him, supposedly all about budget cuts. Maybe this is because of EJ taking over.

Switch to Marlena & John's place where Brady is. John has to pick up some patient files. Brady asks first about Marlena & Kate & Kayla. John says it is a miracle, just no other word for it.

Switch to Kristen's place where she is imbibing, champagne I think. Stefan shows up at her place with a theory that she did something to his brain to make him hate Gabi & want Chloe. She convinces him that would be crazy. He just had 4 yrs coma time to sort out his feelings about the 2 women. He falls for this!

Brady thinking about the heartbroken look on Rachel's face. John says he knows what a good dad Brady is & how he had to fix things for Rachel. Had to break up with Chloe. Brady has another flashback to things Kristen said.

Stefan can't understand why he hates Gabi, tho, that makes no sense.

Rafe explains that he was mad at seeing Nicole hugging Eric & said things he shouldn't have.

Gabi well when a marriage ends things are never ideal.

Rafe I exploded & just did this stream of consciousness thing.

Gabi, did you sleep here?

Rafe, yes, I didn't go home last night.

Gabi, you need to go now where ever Nicole is & try to fix this.

Rafe, yes that's what I need to do.

Chloe is at work, talking to Nicole, filling her in & crying. But she understands that Brady is thinking about his little girl.

Nicole says she is next & it is all her own fault.

She & Rafe had a terrible fight & he did not come home last night.

Chloe so you just fired Eric by EMAIL?!!!

Gabi, well it is all over with Stefan & me & I cannot find Rolf anywhere.

Rafe I can put you onto Rolf. We just searched his secret lab.

Li shows up at Rolf's lab & promises him a brand new secret lab, all gleaming & bright, everything new, and only about 10,000 miles away. Jakarta is beautiful this time of year.

Nicole is upset & keeps thinking about having that dream about Eric & then telling that lie & then that leading to another lie. And that was the only reason I hired Eric!

Jada well being fired by email, huh, could be worse, could have been by text!

Nicole now flashes back to Rafe just spouting off nonsense, so angry.

Jada tells Eric that Nicole & Rafe have now had a big fight over him.

Stefan still trying to figure things out. Maybe you aren't against Gabi. Maybe you are just for Chloe.

Brady, you're a great dad. John you are always thinking about Rachel's benefit.

Chloe so I guess there were no carrier pigeons to use to fire Eric! But, Nicole, do you want your marriage to work?

Nicole. I am guilty & I do want to fix things with Rafe. Like magic, Rafe shows up. He also wants to know about their marriage & if they can make it work. He says he is sorry about last night.

Eric puts it together. She fired me to save her marriage.

Nicole & Rafe both try to apologize for last night.

Nicole catches Rafe up that she has fired Eric.

Rolf is kinda appalled at Jakarta! But Li says Salem is too hot for him.  Rolf feels like he is running away. Well, he is.

Stefan says he is onto Kristen, that he knows she is obsessed with Brady. Kristen points out that Chloe is now a free agent & so Stefan has as good a chance with her as anyone does.

John's leaving & headed to the hospital with patient files.

Stefan figures he'd better make a move.

Nicole has to know where she & Rafe stand? Is there a chance they can be together?

They make up & talk about having great makeup sex. However, the cop shop calls Rafe & he has to go to work.

Nicole tells Chloe she has a chance to make things right with Rafe & she's gonna make the best of it.

Edited by Tonksadora
finish; typo

• Members

For example, here he's making the point that people say they are quitting the show. Then they say such and such happened on the show (that they're not watching). Then they conclude, these are the things that are wrong with the show (that they're not watching.) Everyone knows without his pointing it out that if A is true then B & C cannot logically accrue. But, those frustrated fans - if they are here posting which they must be, then they aren't watching (that's their boycott) but they are following along. So they still have anger & frustration & opinions. He could point out all sorts of interesting things about their behavior as "anti-fans" but instead he points out something surface that is moot since it doesn't apply to what those "anti-fans" are doing & saying. It's all about the behavior of typical unhappy online fans but where's his insight?

• Members

DOOL 10-24 Mon., Day 31 at Peacock

Monday, October 24, 2022

8:38 AM

Cast: Gabi, Marlena, John, Brady, Chloe, Stefan, Li, Rolf, Eric, Nicole, Kristen & Rafe.

Marlena on phone to Sami. John comes in & the doctor, Dr. Paton, is sending Marlena home today. So excited. Feels so much better. John is saying that Brady broke up with Chloe, for Rachel's sake. Stefan is at Chloe's door, knocking to beat the door down. Li comes around the corner & encourages him. Faint heart never won the lady.

At Rolf's old secret lab  he is almost ready to leave. Mumbling about Jakarta, getting away from these parents of these children! Rolf is deciding that Salem is not worthwhile without Stefano there anyway. But, Gabi is now at his door. Not part of the plan! Li is anxious to get underway with moving Rolf.

Nicole rehires Eric & they talk & understand each other. Model thought the booking was canceled & left. Newly rehired Eric says Nicole can do the shoot. They used to do that all the time.

Marlena tells John that Rachel is gonna learn this lesson that she can manipulate things & it won't be a good thing. She & John are pretty horrified that Kristen is going to live there with them.

Chloe is also horrified. Crying. Stefan hugged her.

Gabi shows up at Rolf's now old secret lab. Attacks Rolf.

John thinks Marlena has a bad habit of blaming Kristen for everything.  Chloe has decided she doesn't know Brady anymore.

Rolf does something to Gabi. Administers vial #crs16 or something like that.

Marlena sits down, a stranger in her own living room.

Nicole is dressed to the 9s & Eric is snapping away with the camera.

John wants to know what is going on.

Stefan whips out this beach picnic kit. 

Gabi can't remember why she is here.

John & Marlena are just flabbergasted!

Chloe is drinking a margarita. Stefan changed into a Hawaian shirt.

This is a weird day.

Edited by Tonksadora
typo

• Members

yup. A lot of this toxin illness seems like a metaphor for Covid without the contagious aspect. Unknown illness. Search for a cure.  Different symptoms in different patients. Some hospitalized and others not.  Cure requires additional doses and boosters.

But Kate having a quick recovery and immediately feeling perky enough to have sex?  Well I guess she doesn't have the fatigue of Long Covid. LOL.