Bold Promo: Thomas V Brooke

• Members

Pretty much have the same feelings regarding the show. 

I wish they would give the 50+ character actual lives and not needing to still be on a merry-go-round of Brooke/Ridge/Taylor. It's beyond played out at this point. 

Also, I wish the show would bring on RJ, Eric Jr., Mary Warwick and Diana Carter too. This show needs the next generation who should be getting the in and out love stories. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The only last go-round of a triangle I could imagine with Brooke/Ridge/Taylor was if Brooke started to have menopause and her sexual urges started to decrease as they do with a lot of women going through the change. Ridge, being the pig that he is, does not feel fulfilled, and Brooke, someone who is used to having control of her body/sexuality, becomes depressed. Ridge finds himself wrapped up in Taylor, who is able to fulfill his needs. That would be an age appropriate last hoorah for this overplayed love triangle. And personally, I'd end it with Brooke and Taylor both coming to the realization that neither of them need Ridge. 

And yes, Sheila's kids need to come back and mix it up with the cast. This would be the perfect time for her spawns to come to town, build relations with Finn, and unravel and wreak havoc on the new generation. But like always, Brad stays stuck on the same 4-5 characters, hence why this show is gonna remain on the constant hamster wheel until it ends or someone else is able to wrest power from him and bring a new vision to the show. 

Edited by NothinButAttitude

• Members

I've always been an advocate for the fandom taking over and fixing this genre, as many of us have our fingers on the correct pulses anyways. 

And there lies the problem. Brad still writes Brooke like she was written 30 years ago. They need to let that go and start adding layers to all these characters. B&B has the most one-note characters (IMO) in all of the genre. No one is really multi-dimensional. No one really possesses much character growth. Sheila and Stephanie have been the most complex characters on this show, hence why they have/had the strongest followings. Sadly, Sheila has been reduced to doing dumb sh*t, and nowadays, I realize why Susan Flannery stepped away from this drivel.