Will you pay $1.99 for Peacock? Update!!! Blockbuster sale!!! Peacock at just $1.99 a month!!

Days of our lives on Peacock  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay $4.99 to watch Days of our Lives on Peacock?

• Members

Fiscal quarters (Q1-Q4) for the year of 2022 start on the first of the month and the end the month:

• Q1 2022 Dates: January 1 - March 31
  • Q2 2022 Dates: April 1 - June 30
  • Q3 2022 Dates: July 1 - September 30
  • Q4 2022 Dates: October 1 - December 31

I think the date you mentioned Monday, September 19th sounds like the week that networks usually start their season premieres of new shows as well as current ones (e.g, Chicago Whatever; CSI: Whatever; Grey's Whatever) for their fall lineup. I don't think this has anything to do with DAYS specifically per se. It seems to me what they're trying to do is entice subscribers for the yearly subscription. That way, it serves as an enticement for their 2023 Fall lineup because guess what? Brand new episodes of your favorite TV shows and brand new dramas as you've already subscribed for the first year! Plus, other premium shows exclusively on Peacock. I see what they're doing.

As far as my mentioning of the fiscal periods, it seems that they would want a bump at the end of Q3 and have it steady and consistent for Q4.

Edited by Noel

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Errol You said the discount offer doesn't begin until Sept 19 ...
but I thought it was for anyone enrolling at any point in September.

The TVLine article says that the primetime shows switch from Hulu to Peacock on Sept 19; and DAYS switches from NBC to Peacock on Sept 12,
but the $1.99 discount offer starts for anyone signing up "during the month of September".
https://tvline.com/2022/08/24/peacock-streaming-price-discount-next-day-nbc-shows/

And I just checked the NBC Universal Media Village
The peacock press release says:
"Fall Celebration Offer—$1.99 per Month, or $19.99 for the Year—Available to New Peacock Premium Customers Throughout September
<snip>
With so much great content coming to Peacock in the coming months, Peacock is providing new customers with a special Fall celebratory offer. Throughout the month of September, new customers will be able to sign up for Peacock’s premium tier for just $1.99 per month, or $19.99 for an entire year, and enjoy access to their favorite NBC and Bravo series, as well as Peacock’s massive offering of movies, TV shows, live sports, news, and more."
https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/a1341f9e-f9d2-43b6-abfb-5d61d6aa3adb/press-releases/867f8b72-e4b1-4f75-901a-afc9237bb19b

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The Sept 19 date is the date that most of the NBC primetime shows go to *only Peacock* after airing
(instead of the prior pattern of going to Hulu *and* Peacock after airing).
For example: the Wed eve "Chicago" Med/Fire/PD shows, the Thurs eve Law&Order franchise shows, and Saturday Night Live and other late night shows.

Bravo shows will go to Peacock after airing as well - mostly to Peacock premium.

EDIT to SIMPLIFY:
Sept 19 is mentioned because it's the start of NBC's fall season.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Yeah I just added an edit to my prior post --
The Sept 19 date is the official start of the NBC fall season.
(So that's why it's the start of primetime shows being sent to Peacock after airing.)
Also this includes late night NBC shows (and not just primetime) such as Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers.
I'm not sure but I think these primetime and latenight shows will go to Regular Peacock after airing (not premium?)

I just re-read the press release ...
I think it says that Bravo shows will go to Peacock Premium after airing.

Read the full release here:
https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/a1341f9e-f9d2-43b6-abfb-5d61d6aa3adb/press-releases/867f8b72-e4b1-4f75-901a-afc9237bb19b

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thank you so much for posting that. Oy! These dates I tell ya, lol! 

Please register in order to view this content

Well, that's a pretty cool for subscribers who not only love their DAYS, but watch Bravo and NBC primetime too. I see what they're doing.

• Webmaster

I just went with what I saw in the thread. My mistake. I did find it odd they'd offer this deal AFTER DAYS moves since it would literally entice the audience to sign up and it would be stupid not to take advantage right away. The problem was their wording though. They could have just said September 1 instead of throughout September. Implication isn't something you should have in a PR. You need cold hard facts. Literally say September 1-September 30. People need dates. Haha.

• Members

Corday gives a little history lesson, beginning with his father on directing GL Radio and TV. But, in a little bit he says, "In 1975 Days went from a 1/2 show to an hour show…another first." Is he kidding? Or does he just not know what he doesn't know? NBC took AW to an hour first & when that succeeded they took DOOL to an hour & they had a standalone hour show for DOC but never pursued it further. And, then of course, since in the soap business corporate copy-catting is rife, other nets took other shows to an hour. (Despite resistance from the soap creative world.) A woman named Len Bolen & the Head Honcho Fred Silverman forged a new way, but it began with AW.