Which Long Absent Soap Character You would like To Return?

• Members

Is there a Soap Opera Character that has been out of canvas for a long time and you wish came Back? The rule is He/She has to be out of the show for at least 7 years, I'll Begin 

1. On General Hospital: I would Love that they brought Robin Christopher back as Skye Chandler Quartermaine Jacks, first i think her final story was never properly finished (i might be wrong but did we ever discover if Tomas was Lorenzo?) she has a daughter on PC right?, and Connections with several characters, i would love that she came back and shook things up a little, and Brought back some of the Glamour GH has missed in those last years, She's one of the Three Paragons of Elegance I remember from the show the Other two being Helena and Tracy, Helena's dead and Tracy Returned so simple this last time

2. Y&R - Drucilla Barber, She has a dozen connections still on the show, her character obviously has a lot to give and Her presence Might bring Back some missing Gravitas to Characters like Lily, Phyllis, Sharon (where's your best friend when you're mourning?) and might give us a Olivia or Mamie Return too

3. Sandy Horton on Days of Our Lives, the character has been out of the canvas for nearly 40 years, so any changes will probably feel natural, she could come with a couple of kids and help to give some more normal drama to the Hortons and the Show, Or Do a Big Discovery and tell everybody that Roman is Actually Chris Kositchek lmao, she could be played by one of the former actresses of As someone Suggested Sharon Gabet

I can actually picture a way to introduce her that could be very nice, Julie receives a phone call, it's Sandy, Her father Tommy has died, they talk for a while and Julie thinks about going to the funeral, she's deeply upset and Doug approaches her and asks what happened, she Tells her Uncle Tom Died, Doug says he's sorry, and asks why she's so upset as despite they're blood tie they haven't seen each other in so many years, Julie says it's more than Just his death, It's they're family dying, if written Correctly Julie could deliver a beautiful monologue about THe deaths of her father and mother, Tommy's Twin, Her Children, Her Grandparents,  Aunt Laura, AND more recently Abby and her fear about what the future reserves for Her Doug and The Other Hortons, Then She and Doug would attend the Service and We would be REintroduced to Sandy, in an ideal world we would see a Little funeral service and Sandy might give an eulogy for her father, then we would be introduced to her kids, and maybe a husband, Circumstances would Make a return to Salem, Where she would interact with Old Acquaintances and She could fill the Vacant Job of Horton Matriarch, i bit like Meta Bauer on the 1990's

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well since it's been 7 years....

GH 

Brenda Barrett (I said it)

Sarah Webber

AJ (I can totally believe Monica faked his death again)

Y&R

Dru (totally...not question)

Daisy (only because Phyllis would probably really lose it)

Carmine (simply cuz yes, he's hot, but if it is possible to redeem could play into cracks in the Michael/Lauren relationship since Jack as a spoiler is...occupied)

Daniel (aren't we overdue a visit?)

Cole (if Victoria isn't taking Ashland back, why not bring back Cole?)

Olivia (I can go on and on about having her back to feel a way about Nate changing careers and I can see her having opinions over Devon vs Nate.)

• Members

If you didn't say it-you knew I would lol.  So besides Brenda-who needs know further explanation from me.....

GH

How long has it been since Lucky aired?  Lucky if he meets the 7 years

Lois-it would be tough to recast, but I think it's weird she's not around for her only daughter

Mya Ward-not because the character was amazing, but I think the idea of the character was good

Skye-if she brings her daughter.  I strongly dislike Skye, but the two of them could be useful.

Alcazar-not sure why he was killed off never to be brought back.  He still has a lot of connections on the show especially if they brought back Skye

Jagger-ASJ and his politics aside, I would dump a few males in his age range (Austin, Finn, Cody, etc) and bring Jagger back.  He has a built in rivalry with Sonny and usefulness as a cop/FBI agent.  Plus, he could be paired with several different women.

Days-

Peter Blake-seems like the most obvious Days one for me.

Chris K/Savannah- we know what they are up to now.  Bring them back so I can get my ultimate dream of Wayne back as Roman.

Brandon Walker-With Lani gone and Theo in and out, why not bring Brandon back?  It would be nice for Nicole to have some family.  And we can always throw him at Sami since this Lucas/EJ stuff has really been played out.

Mike Horton-I don't know why he hasn't been brought back.  Same with his son Jeremy.  I know the first time Jeremy was brought on it was a failure, but why haven't they tried again?

Chelsea-It's like she doesn't exist anymore.  I always liked RM and I think Chelsea is with Max, so they should both be back on the canvas.

• Members

LOL!!! Darn right!!! Always Brenda.

Please register in order to view this content

The fact that even right now (I'm on 7-14) she can factor into anything is shocking. Just off the top of my head. The Deception stuff going on. Carly losing the Metro Court. We know she would have an opinion on Sonny/Nina (and we could get a Carly scene again spelling out to Nina what Brenda represent). Brenda with the Qs...and while she would stand on the ELQ stuff. And then she has connections still to EVERYONE. 

But now that you mentioned it...

LUCKY. OMG! Yeah it has been a loooong time since we have seen Lucky, hasn't it? Didn't JJ come back for Luke's Swan Song arc...and I want to say that was July 2014/2015 so it would hit on 7 years on the nose this year? If that was 2015? I can only imagine how he would be taking to this Liz stuff and how it is affecting Aidan. Not to mention all the Cassandine stuff. 

LOIS. Now would the perfect time for her to come back...not only as Brooklyn's mom, but as a forthcoming spoiler for Ned/Olivia when they eventually need a new conflict.

MAYA. Same. The potential is still there. And something to turn ELQ on its ear. Again. 

Same. It has been looooong overdue. And I bet he would have chemistry with Cady.

Brandon. Also overdue and I wouldn't be surprised given the EJ/Lucas wedding fallout if when she comes back she's attached to him a la when Brenda came back for the 50th anniversary with Jax in toll. And yeah it would be nice to see Nicole with family again. 

• Members

You could easily have Lucy call in a favor from a friend and have Brenda do damage control for Deception.  Either as a throwback to the original Face of Deception or as an investor for publicity.  Make that her entrance and main reason for being in town and just let everything else happen naturally around her.  It's one of the easier times in recent history to fold Brenda back in without it being weird.  And I guess Brenda could bring her kid to fall in love with Joss or something.

Lucky is obvious for so many reasons.

Lois would be great to add for Ned/Olivia, but it seems so odd for her to parent Brook from afar when she made so many sacrifices for Brook to have a good life and just isn't around when all this major stuff is happening.

As far as Brandon on Days, it seems obvious to bring him back.  He has so many ties to the canvas Matt Cedano (I think that's his name) was good and he's been gone long enough to also have a bit of a blank slate (an ex wife, kids, etc.)  And again, it's always good when you bring someone in who is not directly related to the Horton/Brady/Evans clan.

• Members

Exactly! It is shocking right now how easy it would be for her to show up. It literally writes itself. And I'm also all for Lucy getting more story. 

I know! re: Lois. Didn't BrookLynn say some time this year that she still calls her mom often for advice. 

I know the actor has done well outside of daytime (loved him in his tragically one off appearance on THE ORIGINALS), but he could be folded back in as easy as Brenda. 

• Members

I think you could easily fold in someone like David Fumero as Brandon Walker. Or they could really make an effort to adjust the casting to reflect him being Abe and Fay's son. I know Cedeno had an Afro-Cuban background, but he always read more like Paul Walker's kid than Abe's.

• Members

The long-absent characters I want back on my screen. 

Mike Horton (Days Of Our Lives) - It's quite maddening that no one is working at Salem University Hospital with the last name Horton. Either reach out to Michael T. Weiss (Is he still acting?) or Roark Critchlow to reprise Mike. He could come to town at the request of Seth Burns, who is fed up with Kayla's lack of "true leadership" at the hospital. Not to mention, Mike wants to run the same hospital his grandfather once did. The story could also spill into the sexism and ageism problems in the work force,

Jeremy Horton (Days Of Our Lives) - Again, this show barely has any Hortons of use on this show. Bring Jeremy with an actor in their mid to late 30's. You can take the character in a different direction by making him a doctor, who, in a way, is trying to live up to the esteem reputation of his grandfather and father. He could build a bond with Doug and Julie. And perhaps when Gwen gets out of prison, she could do volunteer work there, and at first, they clash over what happened between her and his cousin Abby. But they begin to fall for one another, much to the disapproval of the rest of the Hortons. 

Joy Wesley - (Days Of Our Lives) - This show needs a twenty-something character who isn't related to everyone on the canvas. She wouldn't have any problems being in any romantic pairings, and Chloe and Nancy are still on the canvas. She could be either a therapist or involved in the hospital administration. 

Jonah, Wendy, and Benjamin (Days Of Our Lives)- Abe could always use more family, and if they're so hellbent against bringing in Theo or Brandon full-time, they can bring back Abe's brother and his family. I mean, you could put Jonah and Wendy on recurring with Bumper Robinson and Kent King in the roles. Jonah still can be a doctor and Wendy a social worker. Benjamin, who is probably in his 30's now, can be a doctor or cop. Besides they could have other children who our elsewhere and could be brought on when need be. 

Felicia Forrester (Bold and Beautiful) - I think between Throne, Kristen, and Felicia, the latter brings more story opportunities onto the canvas. Maybe Forrester is having issues as the company realizes they can't rely on the once upper echelon clientele to keep them in business. So, Eric calls Felicia to come home from Paris to help out with the designs since her time at International has been successful. Thomas can be pissed because he wanted to be lead designer, which caused some friction there. Meanwhile, they could also bring in Dino for Paris. She could be the "matriarch" of the Forrester family since Stephanie isn't there anymore. 

I have more I will add soon. 

Edited by Forever8

David Fumero is not going to work.  MC being mixed he isn't going to have a strong Sub-Saharan Africa look. But it still shows on his handsome face a bit. The actor that played Paul Walker is  Harniza. Brandon doesn't look like Paul at all. Having a new Brandon who looks like Abe really wouldn't work either. I think someone with Matt Cedeno look. Works very well as Fay and Abe's offspring.

• Members

Agree with everything you said.  I am sure Brook talks to Lois, but Lois seems like a character who would not want phone calls and want to be there in person.  She's nothing if not protective and sometimes overbearing with Brooklynn.

I agree Matt Cedeno looks right for the Brandon as well.  He looked so distinctly different from Nicole and the Taylors I am surprised it took everyone so long to question his paternity lol.  But then Nicole/Taylor don't look much like Paul either so who knows?

• Members

I wonder if it's possible would Rena Sofer be up for a recurring stint while still being on Bold like how Wally does GH and DAYS. Lois would work in stints to visit Brookie. Reacquaint herself with Ned, the rest of the Q's and Sonny. If not recast with i.e., Gina Tognoni or Alicia Coppola. 

Other people I would like to see return. 

Drucilla Barber Winters (The Young and The Restless) - I think I speak for everyone that wants Drucilla Winters alive and back on Y&R, played by Victoria Rowell. It is an understatement. Her presence is clearly missing across the canvas. 

Amber Moore - (Bold and Beautiful) - I would need her to be more mature than her last stint. Maybe Forrester isn't doing well, and they see Amber is blowing up with her designs, so they try to lure her for some cushy design gig. This way, they could also bring on Eric Jr/Little D as a twenty-something. That way, we could finally have both of Deacon's children on screen. 

Tommy Hardy - (General Hospital) It's sad this show doesn't have more Hardy-Webbers (we can go on about the lack of Liz). Tommy could be a pediatrician like his mother and could stay with Liz and the boys while he mixes it across canvas. He could be a love interest for Britt, Maxie, or Terry. 

Serena Baldwin (General Hospital) - We all know why. 

Lucky Spencer (General Hospital) - One of Laura's children with Luke should be on canvas, and they're probably waiting for Lulu to wake up when Sam and Dante get engaged. He could come home from South Africa or Ireland (or wherever he is) to atone for not being there for Liz and the boys. Liz and others can confront him over his lack of fathering especially with Aiden. But over time, he overcomes it. Jeff Branson would be my top choice for a recast. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Days granted my wish years ago and brought back Val Grant… then dropped her! 

Another one I would love to see is Susan Hunter-Martin. Days missed the boat with making Anne Milbauer her daughter, that could have explained Anne hate for the Hortons. 

I always said Julie’s brother Steve should have been brought back in the 90s. He is basically a blank slate along with Dougie LeClair. 

JT Reiber is another character that could been brought especially in the teen scene with Ciara and Theo. No blood ties to anyone in Salem, but Rolf. 

• Members

General Hospital: Lila Rae Alcazar, she could fit in the college group, or the early 20s group with Molly/TJ. A conniving little redhead in my dream.

Days of our Lives: Wendy/Jonah and family. They've been gone so long they are blank canvases, the possibilities are endless. I would also add Lynn for that same reason.

Bold and the Beautiful: This is a tough call! 

Young and the Restless: Another tough one, there's so many characters that more or less serve the same purpose. I would say Dru is most needed and she actually would serve a purpose and has so many connections.

• Members

This is where it gets tough for me, and maybe why they've held off recasting the character. Cedeno is Afro-Cuban, but... Brandon isn't. He's the child of a Black man and a very clearly white woman. Nicole and Taylor are half-Mendez, so their casting has always been off, too. Obviously it's the result of making stuff up as they were going along (and not caring enough about the specifics of race in casting), but do you proceed with a Brandon who seems visually consistent with the prior one -- and part of that story was that he hadn't had reason to question whether he was Paul's son until adulthood, so he wasn't clearly a different race -- or with one who actually is the race the character is supposed to be?