Which Long Absent Soap Character You would like To Return?

• Members

Yeah, I also think the show might have been wary about giving John another kid since Zach was still his at the time as well (I think) and I remember the John/Marlena fanbase already in a tizzy about the horrible writing they were getting.  It probably wasn't worth the effort with Greta already leaving.

Eric/Greta and Austin/Greta really didn't go anywhere.  Eric/Greta dated for awhile, but I can't remember anything they did or why they broke up.  I know they didn't have sex lol.  Eric might have cheated on her with Nicole or something.  I don't even know if Austin/Greta were an official couple, but they did give us the Virtual Garden of Eden story.  We will always have that lol.

It made no sense.  I would just chalk it up to Ciara/Ben being idiots in general, but the show made it seem like it was a good plan, so I don't think that's it.  I actually think Greta should be older than mid 40's just based solely on the fact she was swapped out for Hope in that cage all those years ago, but JM/Greta always seemed way too young for that to be possible anyhow.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Going by Julianne Morris's real age there would work to be fair - she was born in 1968, so she'd been 22 in 1990.

But either way, not only are we to assume no one would call out the fact that Ciara is 20/25 years younger than Greta is, but also ignore the fact that as a royalty, she'd likely be known in social circles + regularly papped.

• Members

Yeah, not to mention Ben was playing Austin I think-who is also much older than Ben?  Wouldn't people know if Greta was married?  And if not, why would Ben/Ciara pick a man that was married to someone else?  Anyhow, it seems silly to connect it to all to Greta, but not use actual Greta.  They would have been better off just making someone up.

• Members

GH: Brenda! as everyone expressed she can come cause trouble for Carly and Nina! Maybe even a romance with an alive Jason might put her at odds with Sonny, Carly, Sam and Britt. 

Y&R: I'd say Mamie, Drucilla and Olivia. The entire Winters clan is dull and void of storyline, and needs some life. I have no confidence in the current regime to write anything remotely interesting for them. 

B&B: Mary! Sheila's actual daughter! She can share her struggles with Finn and maybe even add Sheila's fake daughter with Massimo to the mix for more drama. All of the Sheila historical re-writes from 2007-2022 have been complete crap with random kids coming out of the woodwork. Classic case of taking a character and going overboard. 

Jackie (and maybe Nick), the Marone family was more interesting to me than the Spencers or new Spectras.