Which Long Absent Soap Character You would like To Return?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Of course! Didn't mean to imply otherwise. I've just always found the casting for that family kind of absurd because they kept adding elements and retcons, and it didn't visually track based on the parent combinations we were presented. And of course they've never played any kind of Latina identity for Nicole (despite some shoehorned-in dialogue in recent years re: food, I believe) or any sense of Brandon discovering that he was not Hispanic/Latino but was actually Black.

• Members

MSL has seemed a little thirsty to return, but so did Miranda Wilson, and look how that worked out! I'd happily take Anne back either as a fun background character or if they actually deepened her backstory, like they had started to do with her crush on Lucas at the end of her run. I also fear what Ron would do with her -- it's such a runaway train once he gets his hands on someone he considers "funny."

• Members

Exactly!  I agree as well. So I was happy to hear Brooklyn mention that she had talked to Lois. I would think at some point given her character that Lois would up and show up to protect her daughter...or perhaps sensing that Brooklyn is not being completely upfront about Links, she would show up and find some scheme to get him to give up BrookLyn's songs. 

And to whomever said Lexie...yes, I would love to see her, too. Though I would love to see her as Lexie DIMERA if you catch my drift.

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you!

Didn't Daisy just up and vanish again? 

• Members

Such a good point. Mike has had some important/interesting stuff over the years, but he's always wound up a solid B-player. David got the bigger stories in the 70s and early 80s, Weiss's late-80s version was never THE guy in a major supercouple story when that was what ruled the era, and Critchlow was the definition of a supporting player until his last year or two when he had the Carrie pairing. And he's only made one brief appearance this century! This is a character they should have recast and prioritized in the early or mid-2000s, especially since Carrie returned broken up from him anyway.

He'd be a little old for what the show needs now, and I shudder at the thought that they'd wind up pairing him with Kate, but he'd be a nice presence to have around. Have him take over the COS position from Kayla, usher in a new Jeremy and maybe a teenage kid we've never heard of... hell, you could try him with Nancy, once a rival of his, in a little supporting story.

• Members

I would make her Susan Martin's daughter Annie. I'm sure if it possible they could get Denise Alexander for a few episodes to have Anne's mother visit and get reacquainted with her former Frenemy Julie Williams. It would also explain her hatred towards the Hortons. Heck you could even develop a relationship with Lucas until Ron and Co. decide to put him back with Sami or someone else. 

• Members

Nick Marone (Jack Wagner) on B&B. Nick as Ridge's half-brother, plus his connections to Brooke, Taylor, Bridget, and Katie. I'd mix him up with former Melrose Place co-star Rena Sofer. He's a character that could stir things up in a lot of ways. Although, personally, I'm tired of the constant couple-hopping on B&B