Beyond Salem Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There wasn't any movement! I don't know what the hell I'm trying to say. Let me think here. Okay, so when Harris was going to call for help and I guess he pretended to call, there was nothing being said out of his mouth and he's three steps away from them. So, if nothing is being said out of his mouth, then why would Ciara and Ben take it at face value that he called for help? Moreover, why wouldn't Ben use his damn phone?

It just felt embarrassingly awkward, but at least the grass looked pretty.

• Members

Have you seen Hope's boobs?  She can keep it from falling down. She probably just rested it above her bra lol

By Deidre's reaction I took it as a sex joke, but I could be wrong.  It just seems like something those two would say to let us know they are still sexy in their 70's.  But now I feel like I am one of those John/Marlena shippers that think that sort of thing is cute and I DON'T lol.

As far as Megan-I feel like in one of those scenes they said 24 hours earlier to let us know it was not real time.

Marlena and Kayla have John's superspeed private jet.  If he still owns that......

• Members

God, I hate posting so much especially since I just posted. I'm not trying to be annoying, I swear! Since we're talking about Megan, here's what she said that made me turn my head to the side:

Megan: "Something old, Hope. Something new ..."

And then she pulls out a bullet. This is not an ageist comment by any means, but is she saying that Hope is old? Has Megan looked in the mirror lately? Both actresses look great, but I didn't quite get the one-liner there. Or, let's just say that whoever wrote this, this one-liner really fell flat. 

Edited by Noel

This was a HOT MESS. I knew BS #1 was just a fluke. I mean it wasn't a masterpiece. But it was fun and watchable. While BS #2 was a chore to watch. The best thing besides Bope's reunion. Has been Wendy Shin's introduction. Wendy's no Haley. Those redressed sets were an eyesore. Not really a fan of the big twist at the very end.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

These miniseries have always been a fitfully fun mess at best, but I'm glad NBC is committing to these streaming initiatives for their soap and I'm glad Bo's back. And yes, Donna: Ron Carlivati lied.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I liked it.

Was it better than Season 1? No, but I expected that. 9 times out of 10, the sequel isn't as good as the original. But I appreciated this for what it was.

Unpopular opinion, but I thought Steve Burton did really well. Harris' scenes today with Hope really showed the range of emotions that he could convey. Yeah, he's no Laurence Olivier, but he's no Garren Stitt either 

He just needs something different to do, sort of like Drake Hogestyn. They've played those same character traits and styles for years and to see them do something different could really show how good they could be, as we saw with Drake on Monday's episode 

We definitely need Paul, Andrew, Wendy and Megan on the main show. Paul and Andrew had great chemistry. Their final scene, with the two of them acting like crushy teenagers, was sweet and the kiss was hot. And since Joey's coming back to the main show, he could really use a love interest. Plus, it's definitely time for Megan to meet her sister and brothers.

I admit, I wasn't expecting the cliffhanger ending, so if this means that Season 3 has already been greenlit, I'm all for it! Just the fact that NBC/Peacock are investing so much time and effort into all this makes me optimistic about the future of Days. I hope we get Beyond Salem multiple times a year. It doesn't even need to be something like this. I wouldn't even mind a season that focused only on characters that we haven't seen in years and included no characters from the main show. Hire writers and production people specifically for that, along Ron and his team, and you could really pull it off. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I want them on Days too. Hopefully the actors have major availability and/or sign contracts. That is the only way I see Ron & Co giving them long-term story

I mean look at Wilson2.0. They are on but are just supporters

• Members

I agree with @AbcNbc247.  The whole thing was okay-not as good as Season 1.  I think they tried to fit too many characters in this with a much more complex plot with the prisms.

Some thoughts:

Steve was less Jason-y today and did a good job.  He obviously could have been brainwashed and could easily be brought over to the main show or another sequel.

This was a huge waste of Eileen Davidson's time.  There was literally no point in her appearing.

I love Wendy Shin and like nuStephanie.  NuJoey is okay.  I think I prefer Tripp though.

For some reason Deidre Hall played Marlena's worry over John as boredom over the whole situation and it made me giggle.  I don't think that's what she was going for, but she couldn't seem more disinterested in the entire thing.

Not a huge fan of the cliffhanger mostly because it was so obvious.

Andrew and Paul are adorable.  CS is so awesome.  I need him back on the main show.

Gabi/Shin were likeable on this as well.

Overall, I think the idea was good and I liked the focus on Bo/Hope.  I just think they jammed too many characters and ideas into it.  Like others said the Bo/Hope stuff could have filled 5 episodes, but I understand wanting to use Marlena, John, Steve, Kayla etc.  I will definitely watch a 3rd season if they make one.

• Members

Well, I think Ron was always Team Horita lol I think it would have been different if Christopher Sean had stayed in 2018. And I also think it would be different now for Will and Sonny if it wasn't for Chandler's schedule. 

Agreed. They could have had Stacy Haiduk for this and it would have made no difference

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

It wasnt Kristen. It was Thomas and Sister Mary. Eileen made sense in those roles. 

They shoot other recurring actors in chunks and they get story (VK as Ciara) so they could do the same with Wilson but it seems they arent invested. Hopefully they prove me wrong.