• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
  • B&B: B... At least the acting and situations have been riveting even though it's been done before.
  • DAYS: F...God this soap is horrible. Every story and return has been an epic failure.
  • GH: D....I started watching again and I was so bored
  • Y&R: C...The show would've gotten an F but Diane's return alone made this soap interesting again.
Edited by Soapsuds

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Actually...

B&B:  B

The leadup to Sheila being exposed as shooting Finn and Steffy and the Twist at the End of the Month were well paced for me on a show where there are episodes that are just talking episodes. And then you had Donna/Eric/Quinn starting. And then there was the mess with Grace/Carter/Paris popping in and out. So there were a few things on the side going on, too. 

Y&R: B

Surprisingly this has probably been the most interested since Mal Young went left in his run. Diane's return has recharged everything and the writers ran with it. And I liked Teriah's wedding when I was not expecting, too. The only misstep I found that after being so heavy at the start of the month, the Ashland story vanished. And there is still too much stop start going on (Rey's death, Chance's PTSD, Imani/Nate/Elena) for my taste.

GH: C

Almost done and while I've enjoyed it, I can't deny that after Harmony's excitingly paced reign of terror, the momentum got lost. It just felt like the pieces were there, the potential was there, but...nothing. 

DAYS: N/A

I'm back on March. lol. 

• Members

GH: C sloppy plotting and overbloated cast featuring stunt casted actors, at least stuff happens.

B&B D+: Poorly written, repetitive plotting and dialouge, yet there's a few twists to keep eyeballs on the screen sometimes

Y&R D+: Diane's return added some life to the canvas, but overall it's boring.

DAYS: I don't watch it enough to grade it but I know there's piss poor production values and it's past its prime

Question: I know budget cuts constrain production values, but did soaps forget how to write? Any prime time show with daytime's current level of quality would've been canned a long time ago. 

Edited by ironlion