Characters that ATE their Soaps

• Members

Do you not remember Brenda stealing their letters and reading them aloud?  Because that was a [!@#$%^&*] chore.  No wonder she banged Sonny the first chance she got.  He wasn't as wordy... 

RC is just a choice to bring back.  I wouldn't hate an adult Lila rae.

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

TBH, I was going in and out on GH at that point.  To me, GH fell apart pretty quickly once Claire Labine left.

According to the ever-reliable iMDB, Leslie Horan had auditioned for Karen, Niki Langton and Carly before landing Miranda.  So, perhaps, the show decided to throw her a bone?

Me neither.  But I wouldn't trust Frank Valentini to cast her properly OR his goons to write for her properly either.

• Members

I am just going to boldly say none of those parts would be right for her.  Acting wasn't right for her.  

But you cut Guza out to quick  There was clink boom.  Whether he wrote it or not it didn't stall out to after he left and then we got the tin man [!@#$%^&*].

Eyebrows aside she might be the coldest actress ever.  She generates mild chemistry with her love interests, but she's literally no match with her peers on that.

• Members

I can't even start on that Tin Man nonsense. Sex in a cave going through Withdrawals and a dead body?  Hot (It was kind of hot).  Brenda was arrested for Dorman's murder?  She talked to him like once in her life.  Origami gum rappers are always threatening.  It got really weird after Guza left.  But the Rivera revenge angle was a good idea.  It just got weirdly jumbled

• Members

RC was good on AMC in the late 80s/early 90s as Skye.  But the show wrote her as her own worst enemy rather than a romantic lead.

Since AW, soaps have tried to cast her in a romantic lead and it never works (though I think she fit better on OLTL then GH as Skye).

• Members

Oh, I like Robin fine. I think she is good as Skye and should've returned to AMC long ago, which is her best possible place. I do think she has a specific range and should not be the frontburner be-all end-all of a show though, and when she is the cracks show and she starts camping it up even more than usual. Her role on GH is intolerable and pointless when she's on contract, but good when she comes in and out for stints to make trouble for people to renew RC's health insurance, which she hasn't done in about a decade now but I wish she would pay another visit, bring her daughter and make more trouble. Most of the new women on the show make Skye look like Laura Spencer. That's as far as I take it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Robin Christopher's Skye definitely belonged on All My Children rather than GH. I mean with Hayley leaving she could've filled that void of having a grown child of Adam's on the canvas since Colby and JR were still kids. She could've been making plays for Chandler while mixing it up with Edmund, Zach, David etc., while showing her human side in scenes with her Uncle Stuart. 

Daniel Jones - Days of Our Lives: I mean, he was romantically involved with a granddaughter and grandmother. Then he was Victor's godson who became one of Maggie's egg babies, which never made sense. He also became involved with Jennifer, Nicole, and acting, all of whom were entitled to parent JJ and Theresa as well. It was like that era when they forgot Maggie had two daughters with actual ties and history to the show. The day he died was a celebration for me and a lot of DAYS viewers. 

Zach Slater - All My Children -I wasn't watching, but from YT clips and other people, it seems he was involved in everything and everyone on the canvas when he first got there. i.e., Erica, Maria, Kendall. And he was also involved in that Dragon storyline with Julia's return. Hell, I even saw him flirting with Mimi when she made that return.

Janet Ciccone - As the World Turns - Look I love Julie Pinson, and I know that's unpopular on this board. But the last six months of this show didn't need to revolve around a newer character while we had Barbara Ryan talking to do a damn clown, which felt like months. Let's not forget we went to Chicago to meet her extended family, who hated her because she was a teen mother. Also, let's not forget her past with that mobster guy, played by Billy Warlock. I'm like, "WTF Cares?"

Edited by Forever8

• Members

I love Julie Pinson. I'm the sole member I think of Team Eve on PC! So, Julie came around & read when Goutman was busy burning Martha & Passanante conceived of a midWestern Italian girl just like herself! Still, it didn't have to become The Janet Show! It was already busy enough being The Katie Show.

• Members

One thing not to overlook vis a vis Shapiro & Dano & that was the friendship & the crisis that was underway with everyone on AW. Shapiro may have let feelings of affection get in the way of good decision-making. I find myself in the group of people who think people didn't know what a gem AW was until it was gone. How special it was got lost in the war NBC waged to try to destroy it to be rid of it.

• Members

This I would agree with.  My RC/Skye dislike aside I would take her over half the cast at the point.  She could easily have fit in the Nina role.  It's too bad she and MB don't get along.  For some reason I always thought Skye/Sonny would be a good pairing.

• Members

The Braxtons on the Australian Soap „Home and Away“.. Even though I liked them but they ate the entire show for nearly 5 years. 
I get that some old time fans were annoyed by that.

And Roo Stewart! She got recasted at the end of 2010 and left to return a couple of weeks later In 2011 and she was on for nearly 36 episodes without a break. Got a day off and was on for another 24.. Like wtf? She managed to pull off like 160 episodes a season. That’s too much for an Australian Soap.. Like seriously. She was even on when there was no need. Overused as hell