Characters that ATE their Soaps

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This might be unpopular, but I always felt Bianca on AMC completely took over the show. She was in literally every episode for almost 3 years (early 2000's) and it seemed like they would purposefully try to force her into scenes just so she could appear in every episode. I liked the character and ER is a great actress, but it was overkill.

I quit watching the show because Ryan Lavery took over and we had to watch CM yell, oof, I mean attempt to act. I have nothing against CM, he seems like a very nice person, but I am convinced the only reason Ryan lasted as long as he did was because CM was easy to get along with backstage. 

• Members

I can't really answer about Erica since I never watched AMC regularly, but as for Stephanie, I'd say no. You can't "eat" the show if you ARE the show. Stephanie was always central to the premise of the show and she is basically what made the show what it was.

Besides, Stephanie never felt like the writers' "pet project" or "shiny new toy" the way characters like Amber or Hope did. Stephanie was simply the glue that held it all together.

• Members

When I started watching ABC soaps, Skye was on OLTL, and I felt she belonged on that show more than anything else. Never knew she had been on AMC until later on. While I do like RC, and find Skye to be fascinating character, RC does tend to come off cold at times; which no offense to OLTL fans, why I felt she was perfect fit with JFP's OLTL at the time. 

• Members

Yeah I wouldn't say Erica ate her show either. She was a huge focus but never to the detriment of other characters. Adam, Brooke, Edmund, Tad, etc. were all leading A story separate from her. 

It feels like a character is eating a show when every story aside from theirs feels like a C story (not even B). That's how I felt watching Sonny/Carly/Jason/Courtney(or Sam) in the early 2000s. The rest of the cast felt superfluous.