Where or what was Llanview based on exactly?

• Members

Was it a specific suburb of Philidelphia? Yet, I have a feeling, Agnes Nixon's town was more based on Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania - yet a lot of that town people say is more Pine Valley (Agnes' other locale) than Llanview...

I know once Paul Rauch took over as executive producer, Llanview became based on the layout and style of Pennsylvania capital Harrisburg... I have been to that town, it was surreal to see all the actual locations and the bridges that I saw so many times in the opening credits to my favorite of soap operas... 

So where is Llanview?! Lol

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can see Pine Valley being based on both Bryn Mawr and Rosemont, which is where Agnes lived I believe. Having gone to graduate school on the Main Line (Rosemont College), I'm not sure Llanview is based on an actual town on the Main Line. Perhaps I might be based on Lancaster, PA. I do recall an episode of All My Children that featured a map that showed Llanview, Pine Valley, and Corinth were all located in the Main Line area. My thesis advisor lived in Ardmore (also on the Main Line) and there is a Llanfair Circle and Llanfair Road in Ardmore.

• Members

Thank you Robb! 

I love these stories! They help me understand the origins of Agnes Nixon's creativity. I did listen to the audio book Judith Ivy created for insight. It's nice to Llanfair exists somewhere - meaning "Beautiful fair" I suspect. 

Robb, have you ever seen the movie "Delirious"? With the late John Candy, Emma Samms and Mariel Hemingway?

• Members

Unfortunately, I've never seen "Delirious."

When I was at Rosemont, I had encouraged the powers that be to reach out to Agnes to see if she would do a campus talk. Unfortunately, they didn't express any interest. It was such a shame. You have this Emmy award-winning writer living In the same town and you make no effort to reach out to her. I made the suggestion right around the time of the "unabortion". It would have been fascinating to hear Agnes' thoughts on that story.

I know that the sequence where Angie sees an alive Jesse at a train station was filmed in New Hope, PA, about an hour north of Philadelphia. Across the Delaware River from New Hope is Lambertville, NJ, which was used to depict the town of Somerset in that soap opera's final opening credits.