Y&R April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know, I know, lol.  I should just be like Ron Carlivati and write silly stuff about gay men hitting on cute, straight guys while engaging in KNOTS LANDING cosplay.

That's what happens when you have HW's and EP's who can't think past the noses on their faces.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I’m getting caught up, I’m about 5 episodes behind.

I will never enjoy when they have Phyllis of all characters act morally superior to others. I never saw Susan or Alex’s Diane storylines, but I did see Maura’s poor run. Why are they acting like Diane is a crazed serial killer or something? When Maura played her I just remember all of the other characters treating her like trash and Maura being way too young.

Despite having no history with Susan’s Diane I’m greatly enjoying having her around. The flashbacks are wonderful and it’s nice to see an age appropriate actress back in the role. The Abbott Storyline is so much better than the Newman’s.

I really don’t like that they retconned Ashland into faking this whole time. We’ve literally seen Ashland in scenes with no one around, struggling to breathe and other things. Now to tell us what less than a year later that none of that happened is stupid.

• Members

Maybe it was out of vengeance for Victor making him sign documents while in the middle of a heart attack last year? That would make sense although the show hasn’t explained why.

Again today the Abbott story is far far superior that anything Newman related. Walters is doing wonderful and for a change both PB and MS actually finally acting once again instead of sleepwalking through the dreck. Although I agree Phyllis trying to be the voice of reason is ridiculous. 

• Members

My main problem with this whole thing.

Although I will say that I just rewatched last night an old confrontation between Phyllis and Diane and already back then Phyllis had the gall to say "Nothing I ever did ever went as far as you did, Diane". 
Coming from someone who tried to kill two people that was already a wild exageration back then.

But yeah they are setting up to write Diane like Sheila along the way and I don't like it. But I'll enjoy the ride. Diane being treated like a pariah by everyone is in character.

• Members

At least it’ll take the heat off of Sally. I do wonder how Diane will interact with new characters. They’ve already put Allie in her corner. A team-up with Ashland would seem like a no-brainer eventually, but this show loves to leave obvious dramatic possibilities on the table.

• Members

This. Diane marrying Ashland after being kicked to the curb by the Newmans could b a great kick in the ass for the show.  I could see the two scheming and Diane using Ashland to get to see Harrison. Diane sets her sights on his money for power to place herself in a position to face off with her enemies... Nikki, Victor, the Abbotts, Phyllis.  There's at least three years of potential story, :-). Of course, it wouldn't occur to Josh Griffith.