Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This story and LG are so awful in it I almost feel bad for her.  She has to know everyone hates it and LG seems like a nice person.  I have never thought she was a master thespian or anything, but it has to be difficult to get into character when the description is character that's been dead for 40 years and in love with Tony Dimera lol.

I rag on her as much as anyone else and LG could do actual research on the character, but I would love to know her reaction the day she found out she had to play that.

• Members

I like LG/Sarah and wanted her back, and I'm regretting it. This story is unwatchable, and LG is putting out terrible performances, though I'm not sure what anyone could possibly do to make this material work. Everything about it is just awful. I dread watching when I know Renee is being featured. 

I can't even enjoy Tony and Anna because their scenes are complete BS. Maggie coming over to the mansion to cry and ask Tony to move in was absolutely RIDICULOUS. Maggie doesn't want her daughter to get medical attention? Instead she's going to feed into Sarah's delusions and try to help her play house with Tony? Asinine. And of course Tony is actually entertaining this idea. Anna doesn't just immediately hang up the phone when Sarah calls, but instead hands it to Tony? Everyone is being written as an idiot to make this work. 

Nicole is my fave but I did not miss her and Rafe. I liked them being off screen. Awful. I need Eric back in Salem ASAP.

This episode was an absolute chore to watch. 

Oh, and I don't like Abby's bangs. 

• Members

It is literally the Jessica story from OLTL all over again. Everyone was expected to roll with her delusions to the point of putting her back in high school as a thirtysomething and letting her pant after Cristian, who had a girlfriend and a job at the school! What's baffling is those involved seem to have learned nothing from that, either as writers or former viewers (like Giddens).

I also really liked LG on B&B and in doses here before, and I feel bad for her.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I guess the point of this Sarenee [!@#$%^&*] is to bring conflict to Tony and Anna's relationship?  Like, once Tony moves in with Sarenee, he'll gradually come to see her as an opportunity to recapture his youth and fall in love with her?  I guess?

Sigh.

This storyline is just too damn stupid for words.

For years and years and years on this board, it seems, everyone, including yours truly, was wish-casting Sarah Horton to beat the band; and even though several - again, including yours truly - objected to her finally being cast (or, rather, recast) with LG, most of us went along, because, hey, at least Sarah Horton was finally back in Salem after so many years!

Well, now, let me just go on the record AGAIN and say what damn fools we ALL were for hoping TPTB would remember that Maggie had a daughter out there somewhere.  We forgot that this was still DAYS, a show that will stop at nothing to make all its' characters look their absolute worst.  We shoulda known better.

Do you really believe Jamey Giddens or Ron Carlivati learned anything from their past mistakes?  Hell, Jamey and Ron are so tone-deaf, they probably believe the Teen Jessica story on OLTL was a smash!

I know he's just an associate writer on this show and not ultimately responsible for how this story will play out, but this is why I refuse to believe JG's tastes or sensibilities have matured over the years.  He knows nothing about what makes for good drama, let alone good soap opera.  He never has, and he never will.

Edited by Khan

• Members

As @SFK said elsewhere, though, there's really no point to LG researching PS or Renee if she's not REALLY playing Renee, but an impression she has of her from reading her diaries.

I dunno.  Maybe DAYS should have gone full "Maxie" and had Renee's spirit inhabit Sarah's body instead.  Perhaps then the premise would have more logic and LG would have been more inclined to try and be more like PS/Renee, too.

In case you (or anyone) doesn't know who or what "Maxie" is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxie_(1985_film)

Edited by Khan