Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

See, this is where I would introduce a new character, a young, male colleague of Marlena's, who succeeds in de-programming Sarenee, or at least assists Marlena in doing so.  That way, you set up a potential, new love interest for Sarah who would serve as spoiler for her and Xander.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That would be a great idea!  There needs to be another shrink in town that isn't sinister.  At this point in her life, Marlena deserves to retire, you know?  I know it limits some of her storyline possibilities, but does anyone just retire on Days?  She's been working for about 50 years as a Dr.  I would have retired years ago lol

• Members

Definitely.  I know the hospital has never been a huge focus for Days, but the show needs more than Kayla and 22 year old Tripp being the Drs. of all trades in town and a new shrink.  I wouldn't be opposed to it being one of Justin/Adrienne's sons who wouldn't be related to many in town.  Hell, I would even pretend Jeremy Horton didn't exist in that previous run and make him a Dr.  He's not technically related to Sarah lol. 

• Members

Actually, @carolineg, if you'll recall, University Hospital was a major focus for DAYS in the early years, with Tom, Bill, Laura, Tommy, Greg and Neil all working there.  If anything, returning the focus to the hospital - with characters like that new psychiatrist/love interest for Sarah - would be returning the show to its' roots.  And isn't Sarah supposed to be a doctor?

But but BUT...I would have the new shrink come from a family where everyone - mother, father, siblings, everyone - has suffered from one form of mental illness or another; a background which explains why he became a psychiatrist/psychologist in the first place.

It would be a major stumbling block in his and Sarah's relationship.  She wants to have children, but he's afraid he'll pass on whatever mental illness exists within his own family.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Very true.  It just hasn't been for a bit.  I wouldn't mind a refocus on the hospital, but I have always assumed that wasn't the show's main focus like General Hospital should be lol.  I have always considered Days to be focused on several different aspects and never considered it a hospital show.  Recently, Lexie, Kayla and Mike were the Jack of all trades Drs.   And, yes, Sarah is a jack of all trades Dr. herself.

But your idea about a new shrink is fabulous and I am onboard.  And someone that doesn't have a history of mental illness or devil possession (side eyeing Laura/Marlena) would be great lol.

• Members

I do appreciate everyone trying to fill in all the plot holes that are coming from the Saranee stuff 

Please register in order to view this content

Before the Olympics, JoDevil tricked Gabi into believing that Jake was plotting to doublecross her. And now she's planning to do the same to him. This all makes Gabi a little stupid, imo