Dressed to Kill | General Hospital promo (week of October 4, 2021)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think they have, but I could have missed it.  To be fair, it's rarely mentioned by anyone these days.  When you think about they are completely awkward because they share multiple siblings as well (Kristina, Leo).  They are really more creepy then the time they tried to pair Brenda/Dante, but Sam doesn't have any feelings for Sonny and it was a lifetime ago in soaps.

I may be in the minority, but I like them.   They aren't setting the world on fire with chemistry, but I think they are cute.  I may just be happy for anything that is not Jasam though.

• Members

I haven't seen enough of them - they  seem alright here, and I have generally liked Sam more than most (although Kelly Monaco seems to be...not having the greatest last few years...). It just sticks in my  head when I think of them together. 

So whatever happened with Dante and Lulu anyway?

Edited by DRW50

• Members

No it's weird.  I get it.  You are not wrong. Just like I am super creeped out Alexis/Sam both had Sonny's children.  I am just not sure if the show wants to bring it up, but I assume Dante is aware at least.   I have never liked Sam at all, although I loved Dante when he first appeared, but it feels like both characters have been mopey for years.  I hope this changes it.   Neither Dante nor Sam have a ton of options right now lol.

• Members

Lulu is in a coma due to a mob bombing, IIRC. In a facility out of state. I believe her would-be post-Dante suitor, a teacher played by Mark Lawson, also died in the bomb? DZ came back before Rylan was fired/quit - Dante was in a psychiatric facility trying to undo some sort of supervillain brainwashing for awhile - and I believe Lulu was prepared to go back to him or had gone back to him before the bombing.

DZ and Kelly Monaco is a pairing on paper I think could work, but everything I have seen of them together is written and presented in the most grating way possible - from the embarrassing sports outfits and company baseball game shenanigans to her constantly yowling and the terrible face work she's had done making her look very old. If they had actual adventures like in her very, very early days and didn't base everything around her showing out like she's still 25 and a rebel, I might be a little more into it. You know things are rough when Rebecca Herbst propping up Easton #4 is a more appealing pairing.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think that part was just to give him some work, though he is not acting full-time now AFAIK. I don't think it was ever going to lead that far.

I think Lulu should be around for Laura but they've completely botched the character for at least a decade.

Edited by Vee