Y&R's Doug Davidson v. Nelson Branco?!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nelson Branco? This isn’t 2009 anymore his name is not worth any discussion, he can go back under the rocks with all the lies his Suds Reports were lol. 

Back in the day I really enjoyed Jonathan Reiner’s time at the TV Guide website, though I do believe his gay witticisms paved the way for Daniel Coleridge and Nelson Branco.

• Members

I have no idea what is going on and don't care about either of them, but nothing is more petty than tweeting about someone coyly then identifying them less than an hour later.   Just say who it is or don't.  Is there even a point lost in all the unnecessary name-calling?

I loved JR and his TV guide stuff.  Whatever happened to him?

• Members

He left the journalism originally to produce SoapCenter for Soap Net if I recall right. Last I heard he has had some producer work for various reality shows including Big Brother and worked on production for the Daytime Emmys but that’s been some years now. 

• Members

I remember this from back in the day. NB dined out on this story for a long time -- he made people try and guess who it was for days.

Not sure what set DD off in the end (if indeed he did assault Branco), but there was some implication that DD interpreted NB asking if CLB should have won the Best Supporting Actor Emmy instead of him. This was back when the Baldwin Fishers were the big thing on Y&R and CLB was popular and somewhat pushed by TPTB. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

LOL so true, but honestly, I believe him on this. Doug Davidson screams [!@#$%^&*] to me. I definitely also believe there's deeper reasons he isn't working on Y&R anymore.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think its a pity that Paul is no longer a part of the show. But obviously there has to be more to the story.

Other recurring characters still get to be seen so ...maybe Doug is at fault somehow but someone higher up made the decision that Paul no longer appear.

Eric Braeden went to bat for him last time but not a peep from anyone this time round.

• Members

Hinsey is/was actually back writing for Digest after she fell out with InTouch. But given no one reads SOD anymore she really doesn’t have an audience anymore.  I read an opinion piece by her about B&B’s mannequin story last fall and it was actually a lot more low key than anything she wrote back in the 00’s. It read as more of her observations as opposed her actual opinion lol.  

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Nellie Oleson and the Daytime Confidential hacks are one of the main reasons I posted a lot here early on. That's the main thing I choose to remember then by...that and sometimes I think of "Soap Opera Spirit award winner" and laugh.