GH 4/5/21 Promo: Family

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It does feel a bit hollow with the families. Too many people who should still be around were killed off. LOL. (Not to mention Tracy is only visiting and Felicia is MIA)

I'm all for 'slow moving' but I feel like the Laura/Cyrus/Martin stuff needs to start moving more. I'm losing interest and Cyrus just sucks as a villain we're supposed to take seriously. I like Jeff Kober but it's reminding me of early Valentin where he whined and cried and threatened and was supposed to be so scary and dangerous and you just laugh.

I'm tired of hearing about Florence. Just give the damn woman back. lol

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Yes, I found it as generic as last week's promo (titled Consequences) and had to debate posting, but I did like seeing Laura, Kevin, Brook Lynn so I went for it.

Please register in order to view this content

But I agree. The Laura/Cyrus/Martin story has stalled. And needs a push. I would think he would be trying to take over with Sonny 'dead' and Jason in jail. So let's see that.

• Members

Yeah I’m over Laura and her brothers. It’s sad because I was intrigued by the show digging into her history and giving her a meaty story that could be worthy of her star power.

And GH just hasn’t been able to thread the needle in terms of giving their bad guys vulnerability recently. We could empathize with someone like Faith and still find her unsettling. I blame the writers.

Edited by Faulkner
Lord, “empathize,” not “emphasize”

• Members

My problem with the whole Florence thing is that Carly has not bossed up.  She took the woman, which I thought was great, but she's been whining about it ever since.  Jason is locked up so she needs help.  This is ridiculous.  Carly can do better than this.  However, if this gets her in bed with Val 

I think its more of Cyrus and his siblings because this was never about Laura.  

• Members

It would have been great if this had been the story from the very beginning. Not only were they digging into Laura's pre-Luke history, they were digging into Laura's pre-Genie Francis history, which definitely needed to be explored. But this clearly wasn't the original plan for Cyrus. And now it's like they don't know what to do with him. Some episodes, he is the evil schemer, in other episodes he's the whiny Mama's boy. 

• Members

I'm over it too. I share your sadness because there was a lot of potential. I do think it helped pivot Laura a bit but overall it feels like a meh.

I also wanted them to do the Gregory/Finn/Chase DNA reveal but now even that I'm feeling meh on.

I blame the writers too. They don't seem to understand how to write compelling villains who can do evil things but we also sympathize. They're trying too hard to show us "see, he has layers and is sympathetic because he loves his mother" ... "he's misunderstood so you need to care" ... 

• Members

There are just too many characters I don't and won't care about.  Foolish Frank's tenure has been a middle finger to all the fans...

Hey! I brought back A.J. and Duke...

Then proceeded to kill them both off--- wasting the resurrections.

He continues to hire his buddies in countless meaningless characters.

Every time his writers (since Re-Ron, Pissy and Alter-ation) put out the nugget of good story, he steps in and f*cks it right up.

His lead heroic character was a serial killer that had not only kidnapped his leading lady's child when he was born. He also convinced Sam he raped her and set in motion Michael's rape by Carter in prison.   Yep  Frank made the story of Elizabeth's rapist returning all about Franko when it should have been her story.

His regime has kept promoting Wallow as a leading lady

for two years........  This alone should seal his coffin.

His villains are all "Snidely Whiplash crossed with Barney the dinosaur....."

Directing has gone out the window.  After years of the constant RoHo smirking, no one is telling the actors how NOT TO CONTORT THEIR FACES.  C'MON  directors, do your g-d jobs.  

GH was my ride or die for years, and I dropped watching for six months.  I just want to actually care again.....