ALL: POC Characters That Were A Part of Main Families

• Members

Loved Justus. He was so unapologetically prideful and political and smart and unwilling to bow or defer to Tracy or anybody. He had such a modern-day Sidney Poitier vibe. He absolutely should have gone to war with Ned/Tracy for his rightful place in the Quartermaine family. I will never forgive GH for destroying him. But again, the Quartermaines themselves were greatly diminished post-Labine.

Can’t say it enough, but f*ck cancer. Losing RC and Madge Sinclair within months to that dreaded disease...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The bold.

I know seeing him as a kid...he was so different from most black men (outside of Neil on Y&R) I saw on soaps. So I liked. And the fact that it drove Tracy so crazy there was a branch on the family tree that was...was...not the butler.

Please register in order to view this content

I am playing slow catchup on GH, but from reading synopsis I want to say that maybe she appeared near the start of the year.

However, the actress herself tested positive for Co-Vid so I don't how things stand with the character now.

• Members

Yeah she popped up again just last week (Monday 31st) to ask Carly questions about what happened with Nelle (and yes, their cousin connection was acknowledged) and to give Michael an update on the search; in the following episode (Tuesday 1st) Valerie questioned Alexis about Neil's death and gave her condolences.

Actually I read the hospital she went to would not test her for COVID, even though the symptoms were pretty much consistent with COVID and the doctors had ruled out everything else.

Since everything else had come up negative though, the doctor told her that they couldn't confirm that she'd had it but she should act accordingly.

This was back in March and she has returned to GH so hopefully that means she has made a full recovery (that is without long term symptoms).

Edited by Dion

• Members

That's a special case. I would say he doesn't technically count because he's the very rare case, probably only, of a character losing part of their whiteness. It also raises the question of Paul Mendez, assumed father of Brandon and father to Nicole and Taylor Walker, being/not being a POC. Looking up the surname, it seems to have a Spanish origin which people here have discussed still being Caucasian in another thread.

I thank everyone for their responses. I've added a tentative list to the first post of this thread. Not only have I added all the characters mentioned here, but have also added a few I've remembered on my own. I've also added Brandon Walker anyway just because he is such a rare case.

Edited by Bright Eyes