LATEST RATINGS: May 25-29, 2020

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was going to mention this last week, but decided to wait and see what the numbers looked like this week. Some thought that Days would see an uptick in viewers once the other soaps went into repeats, but it looks like the opposite is true. Since YR and BB have been airing repeats, the numbers have not improved and now with GH airing repeats, it seems like the numbers have dipped again. I'm sure there is an overlap in viewers for these soaps and if they're not tuning in to their favorite they're definitely not tuning in for the others. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

Since the stay at home orders started Days remained above 2 million viewers. The week YR and BB start week long repeats is the first week Days dips below 2 million since the stay at home orders. Now the week GH starts weeklong repeats it dips below 1.9 million. 

I dont know about other markets but in the NYC area, the second half hour of Days competes directly with Y&R's first half hour. Besides that, the soaps do not compete directly. With the lack of soaps on air, I wouldn't be surprised if the 4 current soaps have an overlap of viewership - meaning some viewers may view 2 or more of the current soaps on air at least on a sporadic basis. So a Y&R viewer who isn't even watching the repeats may not bother with catching Days or GH as they only follow those shows casually. Again, just a hypothesis, because I thought it was interesting that Days continues to dip. It may just be that viewership is returning to pre-shut down numbers and my hypothesis my be wrong but just thought it was interesting that the decline was in relation to the other shows airing repeats when many thought the opposite would happen. They assumed that since the other shows ran out of new episodes, some may be curious to check out what was happening on Days. 

• Members

How can Days be at a new low while the CBS shows aren't? I guess repeats don't count? With the weather getting nicer and lockdowns ending, the ratings are going to be unbelievably bad by June and July...

GH must be optimistic that they'll get back on air fast if they're using up all their non counting days now.

• Members

Y&R, B&B and GH could possibly rebound from this, promote their returns, get the stars out there doing press. But Days? How does it recover from not going anywhere yet steadily losing viewers? They have no excuse.

• Members

I honestly think they could benefit from taking a short break and coming back in a big way. I mean they were supposed to be off for a few weeks soon for sports related preemptions which are no longer happening. Maybe they could still take a break in late August and come back in September with some fanfare and excitement and record some new stuff. 

• Members

I tried Days for several days and just couldn't get into it for several reasons. I tuned in the week they had the guy Orpheus being captured after kidnapping John. First off, the production looked horrible and the acting was not very good in spots. The bomb scene was totally beyond ridiculous on many levels. Then there was the guy, shaking and holding the gun on Orpheus. I know the actor as Ned on GH and think he was playing Justin. He was like a boy actor among men in those scenes. I couldn't take him seriously. My biggest observations were, there were no doctors in the hospital other than the one Chief of Staff, who apparently does everything and as for the cops no where to be found. Not worth my time.

• Errol unpinned this topic