Too Young To Be That Kids Parents

• Members

The most ridiculous parent/child casting was on Y&R when John O'Hurley (born 1954) played father to Peter Barton (born 1956). It was having mostly gray hair that made John O'Hurley look older than he actually was.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jed Allan (1935) was 15 years older than Lane Davies (1950), who played his oldest son, Mason, on Santa Barbara. Marj Dusay, (1936) who played Mason's mother, was only 14 years older than Davies. But the most ridiculous age difference - or lack thereof - was Karen Moncrieff (who would ironically join SB a few years later!), born in December 1963, playing the MOTHER of Charlotte Ross' Eve on Days. Ross was born in January 1968. So only a 4-year age difference!

Edited by Wendy

• Members

I always thought it was ridiculous to cast Lisa LoCicero as Dante's mother on GH. There is only a 9 year age difference but it looks like less.

Then GH gave Kate (Kelly Sullivan) that kid Trey (Eric Valdez) who is 2 years younger than her.

And finally when Claudia was revealed to be Johnny's mom.  SJB is 5 years older than BB.

• Members

I was surprised about Moss and McCook. I had no idea. Hagman and Bel Geddes on DALLAS are another example (9 years difference I think).

I feel like a lot of the examples are "ridiculous" only if you know the actors' ages. The majority of the audience doesn't look up/compare those. It's all about how those actors read on camera. I would've never guessed O'Hurley and Barton were basically the same age!

• Members

24 year old Peter Galman was cast as Tom Hughes in 1969. Eileen Fulton was 12 years older and Don Hastings was 11 years older than him.  

Barbara Berjer was quickly made a grandmother and great grandmother. Eileen talked about the people in the control booth saying they had to kill her off. After killing Barbara off, Eileen created the grandma clause in her contract. 

• Members

I can't remember what it really led to.  All I remember is feeling bad for Johnny even though he was sleeping with Connie/Kate and Carly at the time lol.  I wonder if it was a swipe at SJB since she didn't have the best things to say about her stint as Claudia after it was over.