LATEST RATINGS: May 4-8, 2020

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A YR episode from 1981 tied a brand new episode of GH.....lol

YR number 1 in 18-34 demo...lol and they were up in that demo from last week.

and YR went up all week in HH with classic episodes.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I was wondering about this. Not surprised about ABC coverage of the pandemic. My whole extended family is stick of hearing about it and have decided to stop watching any coverage of it.

Game shows going down is a bit surprising but people are ready to get out and are tired of watching

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Just checked my records and came up with this gem:

"DAYS" LEADS WOMEN 18-49 NIELSEN RATING DEMO FOR FIRST TIME SINCE 1/17/05...'

"Days of Our Lives" was in sole possession of first place in last week's Women 18-49 Nielsen ratings demo, the first time it has done so since the week of January 17, 2005. The 0.39 rating for "Days" just beat out second place "GH" at 0.38.

And that's with LMAD and TPIR still airing new episodes. Price only has 14 more new episodes before it runs out and goes to all repeats.

• Members

Repeats on CBS I’m convinced will be better than the other shows.  Every show has to tank for Days to look decent.  And just wait until GH is showing reruns.  And the article about CBS game shows?  TPIR sank to just over 5 Million viewers.  That would mean Days and the other shows better start investing in masks and ventilators.  

• Members

Honestly, I don't think they're bad at all considering it's repeats. The problem is can they maintain these numbers until they actually return. Why are they only counting two days? I would like to see if older repeats are performing better than these newer ones. 

• Members

Thanks for the ratings. It's interesting to get another perspective of the numbers for soaps. Also, not surprising that game shows don't see major jumps from non-live viewing.

When Nielsen calculates the Live +7 ratings, those numbers only include the live ratings and any viewing of the episode on DVR within 7 days. It doesn't include any viewing that occurs online, on demand thru cable services or on streaming platforms. Is that correct?