Most Successful Child Star on Soaps?

• Members

I enjoyed your observations. Great additions to the list. 

I’m not sure that some people understood the assignment...LOL. Lisa Peluso, Beth Ehlers...they never GRADUATED from soaps. Hell, they’re not even acting anymore. 

Anna Kendrick, who wasn’t even on soaps?  Ohhhhkayyyyyy...

Hayden Panetierre is one of my favorites but I’d need to see her next project before I’d consider her a contender. I’m afraid at this point she’s going to wind up on Hallmark movies. 

Jane is really heads above everyone at the moment given her career diversity and her awards wins and noms. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Shameless’ Emmy Rossum Remembers Her First SAG Job at As The World Turns

Luke Kerr

Updated:

Mar 18, 2015

Original:

Nov 15, 2011

Showtime’s fantastic dramedy Shameless returns on January 8 for its second season, and we can’t wait to see how  Fiona Gallagher juggles her crazy family this time around. However, before Emmy Rossum landed the role of Fiona, her first SAG  gig was on As the World Turns as Abigail Williams.  Included in a profile of SAG lead actress contenders by The Hollywood Reporter, Rossum remembers her ATWT audition:

My First SAG Job: On As the World Turns. I played Holden and Molly's daughter Abigail. I desperately wanted the part. I was 11 and had been studying X and Y chromosomes, dominant genes and recessive genes. I watched the show the day before my audition and realized the two actors who played the parents both had blue eyes. I had just learned in school that two blue-eyed parents can't have a brown-eyed child. So I went into the audition and said if they wanted me, I would go get contact lenses to have blue eyes. They cast me and said, "Make sure she brings her contacts."

RELATED: SCOOP: Harry Hamlin to Play "New Friend" For Ian on Shameless!

Photo by PR Photos

Tags

Drama TV Showtime Shameless Emmy Rossum

By

Luke Kerr

Emmy Rossum

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Sarah Michelle Gellar is a “winner” because she had a hugely successful

career for many years. That’s the criteria here.  Her career has cooled but she’s got a comeback in her yet. 

I never cared if she and Lucci got along. It’s a non-issue to me. 

I somehow sense you’re going to toss out Lacey Chabert’s name next...