HBO Max: Gossip Girl reboot/continuation

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Those are exactly the things I'm hoping for too. If there's better quality control, lots of real NYC locations, and outrageous costuming, it'll go a long way towards working.

Yep.

Funnily enough, just a couple weeks ago I was thinking how more modern technology would affect/influence the show if it were done today. Guess we're about to find out!

I don't see why some of them wouldn't.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

First full trailer is OUT!!!

And it looks like we will have some characters that go both ways...something the original only touched on briefly.

Great song choice. And I like the hook (who is the new GG and who po off someone to make GG resurface at all)...

• Members

It's funny you should say that @victoria foxton. Other than that time Chuck kissed a guy...which Chuck did go both ways in the books from what I've heard, but this was more plot device...and Eric, they never touched on homosexuality really.

And honorable mention to Tika Sumpter's season 4 arc. I was so disappointed they did not do more with her when the promo set her up to be dangerous.

And hehe I see comments have mentioned ELITE which was inspired by original GG, too. Should be interesting to see how this goes down. 

I liked GG more than most it seems (Season 1 and 2 being the best, I personally liked Season 3 and 4, and the reveal at the end was problematic but I liked who everyone ended up with. Almost), so I'm super excited to see where this goes and how or if they will connected it to the original series since this is a continuation as well as a reboot. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The CW Will Air HBO Max's Gossip Girl Reboot Premiere (adweek.com)

And the reviews are IN!!!

I would say avoid the VULTURE review for sure unless you want to be spoiled on who the new GG allegedly is.

So far being torn apart I heard, but I haven't read any yet (and I read EW reviews and AV Club reviews first anyway).

Still watching.