• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What, no Wyndemere? 

Please register in order to view this content

It's cute and the kind of thing I'd have loved as a souvenir (in 1994 or so, it seems). I am curious what an authentic-looking map of Port Charles would look like.

Edited by Franko

• Members

I've got Llanview and Pine Valley from the '90s, they were on postcards sold at Disney. When I was little in the '80s, they had a big poster-sized one of PV at my mom's office. I met another lady who'd managed to hold onto one of those '80s maps as well, in hard plastic on her office desk.

• Members

LOL  All roads will lead to the park bench. 

Back in the day (when they had a budget and better sets), they released the coffee table book, "A Tour Through Salem" which gave extensive layouts or imagined layouts of all the homes, restaurants, Salem hot spots, etc.   Kinda nifty

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I loved that book. Where else could we find out that the Horton kitchen did not have a microwave, but did have both a cookie jar and a cookie drawer? Where else could we have the hilarity of Ken claiming Carrie and Mike would ride their bikes to school? It does make me miss when DOOL could have sets like Salem Place and Marlena's penthouse.

• Members

Does anyone else remember I think it was  either 1996 or 1997 or so when SOD did a USA Map for pointing out where all the soap towns were? Most of them were pretty accurate in regards to each show, such as Llanview, Pine Valley, and Corinth being close together outside of Philly, Genoa City being placed in southern WI around the real Genoa City while Oakdale smack dab in the middle of Illinois. The two most interesting items on the map was placing GL's Springfield on Lake Michigan right on the Indiana/Michigan border, while Days' Salem was placed in Northern California(?). 

• Members

All the midwestern soaps tended to gravitate towards Illinois, even though earlier descriptions set AW's Bay City in Michigan and ATWT's Oakdale in Ohio. For GL, it would've made most sense for it to be located somewhere in Michigan, as it was once mentioned being on the coast of a Great Lake. 

I think on the very first episode of DAYS, they mention driving "down to Boston" or something to that effect bringing you to think they were in Massachusetts (or perhaps New Hampshire?). That quickly changed though.